Travel bow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Back strap

Travel bow

Post by Back strap »

Opinions on accuracy when taking riser off of Mainframe and getting to destination . Will you have to re sight scope
Matrix 405// Twilight scope/ Vixen master string/ Munch mount/ aircurve 3 kwikee kwiver/ south shore archery 18 in spinal tapps/ plastic nock/ sk300 vanes/ 92 grain insert/100 grain ramcat. Huntin Fishin Lovin everyday. AKA-BUCKY
roly

Re: Travel bow

Post by roly »

I used to do it all the time when travelling and never had any problem with my poi.
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

No problems either. Poi remained the same.
Hank
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I have an all weather case and take mine apart a lot = never any issues :thumbup:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

There is very little "Slop" when mating the parts together, but there is a bit. If you snug the bolts up, and hold the riser or limb the same direction when tightening, you might be OK. Personally, i would want to check my longest shot that i would take, OCD I guess!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

Every year I take mine apart travel 1200 miles reassemble and every year it's 2 inches high at 50 yards . It must be the elevation because I adjust it and when I get home it shoots 2 inches low . :wink: I also always have a spare scope sighted in and a few years back I had to switch them out and it was within a few inches . I really don't know what you have to do to get these bows not to shoot well .
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:02 pm
There is very little "Slop" when mating the parts together, but there is a bit. If you snug the bolts up, and hold the riser or limb the same direction when tightening, you might be OK. Personally, i would want to check my longest shot that i would take, OCD I guess!
I recently had a problem with this on my 310. If I didn't pull down on the right limb while tightening the 2 bolts it would always shoot to the left beyond 20 yards. Dead on at 20 yards but after that it would shoot farther left each time I increased the target distance. After filing a claim and talking to Peter they replaced the riser and limbs for me. No more slop and no more problems with keeping it zeroed beyond 20 yards. In hindsight I wonder if maybe operator error was the culprit? Perhaps it wasn't lined up properly and the corners got rounded when I tightened the bolts down? Now I leave my crossbow together and use the Tombstone case. I will only take the riser and limbs off and use the tactical hard case if I am concerned about the crossbow bouncing around or getting damaged when packing for a longer trip.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup: