Need advice, arrow grain scale......

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tremps01

Need advice, arrow grain scale......

Post by tremps01 »

I need to buy an arrow digital grain scale :!: what are you using guys :?: :think: :think: :think:

Marcel.
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel
rmb721

Re: Need advice, arrow grain scale......

Post by rmb721 »

I use a Superior Balance Arrow-2000

2000 grain capacity

Lifetime warranty

There is two on E-bay, one at $24.95 and one at $26.99.
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Most parifanalia shops that sell scales are unaware their scales measure in grains. I've bought a couple like this for $20-40. Just ask them to open the package and the instruction should state the different increments the scale is capable of measuring.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
Boo

Post by Boo »

Those cheaper scales can make you crazy! One day they read well and another they read 2 different readings. I went through a few of them last year and spent more and more until I bought a Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Precision Scale. At $148.93 it's the most expensive scale I've bought but it's also the most consistent. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00EE6GHU8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I know it's more than I need but the consistency satisfies my personality. I make no excuses, I know I waste my time stressing over what I shouldn't.
Whatever you get Marcel, get something and protect it from dropping, using too much weight etc. What I like about the one I bought is that it comes in a really good protective case.
If you aren't going to be anal, check out https://www.ballisticproducts.com/BPI-BallistiScale-1500-Digital-Scale/productinfo/6880300/
Some people just like stepping on rakes
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Hi Marcel. I got mine from 3Rivers Archery and it seems to work good for me .
W.M.
tremps01

Post by tremps01 »

Boo wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:35 pm
Those cheaper scales can make you crazy! One day they read well and another they read 2 different readings. I went through a few of them last year and spent more and more until I bought a Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Precision Scale. At $148.93 it's the most expensive scale I've bought but it's also the most consistent. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00EE6GHU8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I know it's more than I need but the consistency satisfies my personality. I make no excuses, I know I waste my time stressing over what I shouldn't.
Whatever you get Marcel, get something and protect it from dropping, using too much weight etc. What I like about the one I bought is that it comes in a really good protective case.
If you aren't going to be anal, check out https://www.ballisticproducts.com/BPI-BallistiScale-1500-Digital-Scale/productinfo/6880300/
Hey Don, according to your recommendation and my budget here what I found.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B011J88S8M/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A331K18QH6B8DV&psc=1&language=en_CA

Marcel
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel
Boo

Post by Boo »

The 2 yr warranty is good and it goes well over 770 grains. I say :thumbup:
janesy

Post by janesy »

I use a Lyman 1000.
I gave up on cheap scales.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Lyman 1500 for me.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Boo

Post by Boo »

I had a Lyman 1000 and it eventually wouldn't calibrate. Maybe I'm just too rough on them? If my present one goes south, I'm going to a balance beam! :eusa-violin:
janesy

Post by janesy »

Boo wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:10 pm
I had a Lyman 1000 and it eventually wouldn't calibrate. Maybe I'm just too rough on them? If my present one goes south, I'm going to a balance beam! :eusa-violin:
I think with scales that are designed to read as low as possible definatly require a softer touch. I know when I load for my 204 ruger, I cant even have a ceiling fan running or it reads the winds.
I think when you are going for 400gr they are pretty forgiving. No so when you are reading to the 1/10.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
tremps01

Post by tremps01 »

I had RCBS Balance Beam Scale and was very happy with. Last month i have sold my reloading kit and the buyer wanted to have my rcbs scale with the kit, I had own it since over 30 years so I accept. I look for a new rsbd scale and what a surprise the price is over $ 200,00 ! :crazy: GRrrrrre.
:eusa-deadhorse:

Marcel
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

janesy wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:29 pm
Boo wrote:
I think with scales that are designed to read as low as possible definatly require a softer touch. I know when I load for my 204 ruger, I cant even have a ceiling fan running or it reads the winds.
I think when you are going for 400gr they are pretty forgiving. No so when you are reading to the 1/10.
They can be goofy, I actually set mine on a static free drier sheet and turn off all fans when measuring powder to the 10th. Probably overkill but I have seen false readings from static electricity. :crazy:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boo wrote:
Don, I’ve got an old Redding balance beam scale that is old enough that it is hydraulically dampened, not magnetically . ( it has a well in scale body and a paddle on the beam. You put oil in well and it slows paddle down)A bit slower but still is spot on!
janesy

Post by janesy »

tremps01 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:06 pm
I had RCBS Balance Beam Scale and was very happy with. Last month i have sold my reloading kit and the buyer wanted to have my rcbs scale with the kit, I had own it since over 30 years so I accept. I look for a new rsbd scale and what a surprise the price is over $ 200,00 ! :crazy: GRrrrrre.
:eusa-deadhorse:

Marcel
I have a LEE balance beam, new in box. You can have Marcel. I've never used it
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme