Just Asking

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big John

Just Asking

Post by Big John »

Are the Micro Bows not selling much anymore?
I am well aware of the prices they sell for in all the stores and Ebay. However, with the New Bows out are they not selling much? I myself would like the New Handicap friendly Assassin Bow which I need. And which I believe will sell lots!! Including lots to Handicap Hunters!
I have a couple Micro's advertised on the Trader Forum and Im thinking maybe prices are to high? Or no demand? Wrong time to Sell?
I am not going to attempt to cock them anymore without a crank. And if thats the case, I want it to be built in like the Assassin. Figured I'd ask the masses on here before going further. Not on here much anymore and probly will be less and less soon. There has been hundreds of views on them and no offers even.
So, fire away and let me know.
Thanks Guys

Big John

This Forum has always been the best! Has helped me in time of need, more than once, my Wife in her time of need, and countless others in there time of need.
Clearly the Best Forum on the internet Period!!!
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Normous

Re: Just Asking

Post by Normous »

Probably now is not the ideal time to sell since it is the Archery slow season. Late summer and fall is best the way i see it.. Good luck buddy!
    EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
    Matrix 355
    Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
    Boo Strings
    SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
    Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
    SEW

Post by SEW »

A good friend of mine does like his Assassin. His shot, I think , 352 with , I also think, 366g arrows. That puts it close to a 360. He loves the crank, balance and overall design of the Xbow. He says the trigger is excellent also as well as being quiet. Overall, a class act bow; but it should be for the price!

A possible alternative for me, eventually would be a Gen 1 Micro 355 or maybe 335. I think either of those with the new Charger crank and a Boo reworked trigger would actually be preferable to me.

John, what would the Assassin offer that you don’t already have?
    janesy

Post by janesy »

I had a hard time selling my 335 earlier this year. In fact I sold it for much less than I paid for it.
    But in the fall I sold a matrix 355 on a day for a very fair price.

John I looked at you combo and A fella would be crazy to not buy it. They could get a 355 for $700 after they sell the 315 . pretty smoking deal.

If I didn't blow the toy wad all winter Id be buying it for sure
    Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
    Suppressor 400TD
    Assassin 400Extreme
    Big John

Post by Big John »

Well call me different! :oops: :oops:
    Just found out the new charger crank will be available to fit on any Micro!!!
    Since I know that now I'm removing the deal on the Trader Forum! I will be picking up
    a New Charger for the Micro 355 and I'm sticking with it.

Sew:
    Thank you for posing that question to me. Caused me to go and search the Accessories Forum
    and found the Charger. Much appreciated Bud! I told everyone I'm out of touch now. This goes to
    prove it. To many migraines and one finger typing to enjoy long computer times anymore.

Thanks all. :P

Big John
    Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
    Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
    Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
    [email protected]
    Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Glad to see that you will keep your bow. I was unhappy to see how you were piling on stuff to sweeten an already sweet deal
    "Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
    SEW

Post by SEW »

John, will be praying for both you and Gene.

I think the new Charger crank will make your Micro just perfect for you.

Steve
    amythntr

Post by amythntr »

......Big John....for what it's to you, I have never had any problem selling anything on the forum....my attitude is people want a deal so I give it to them....listed my 380 with upgrades $650 with a TTT and it was gone in a heartbeat.....yea, I could have yanked out the TTT and sold it separately....waited months, maybe price would have dropped further, who knows. So I rather get something for a great bow that I will never use again (for the reasons you have mentioned) and offset my new Assassin then sit and wait and haggle and wait and then another hits the TP and theirs is priced lower than yours....but that is my take. I try to be more than fair with people and I know people have been more than fair with me.....

.....Again that is my take on it but I can also understand wanting to get the best buck for your bow (no pun intended)....Good luck....I am also planning on getting a crank for my 335 however I have a sneaky suspicion, when the "brass" sees how popular the platform is they created I see all future models imitating the Assassin which could put further downward pressure on the other models.

Anthony :D
    In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
    AXE 340
    Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
    GRZ2
    G1-NM335(On loan)
    ZS,Ex
    Spits
    Vixenmaster Strings
    L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

John,
    After my diagnosis I sold a brand new Micro 355 I had bought as a back up to the two current Micros I have at this time.
    I sold it in new never fired condition locally very fast to a guy for $800 with included Excal. cat whiskers, and limb brakes, as well as the full light package including a Tactzone.

I feel I was fortunate to be in the right place at the right time. He may well be interested in another of my bows depending on how much his grown boys enjoy this first one. I sure that becomes the case.

Gene
    Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
    Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
    Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
    Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
    Scamp tralier
    SEW

Post by SEW »

My first 2 Excaliburs were bought new. My last 2 were bought used (BD400 and a upgraded , Cerecoated & Black limbed, TTT M405). The used ones are my favorite Excaliburs.
    I seriously doubt that I’ll buy any more new Excaliburs.