My bulldog 330 had string leaches

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ChrisK

My bulldog 330 had string leaches

Post by ChrisK »

I adjusted my brace height to were it was just past my bumpers. Shot it a few times and the the leaches flew off. Found one of them. Didn’t seem a whole louder without but I did have to turn my speed dial up a little after they were not on the strings.
W.Miguire

Re: My bulldog 330 had string leaches

Post by W.Miguire »

Anything you put on the string slows the arrow down . it does not matter when it comes noise I have never had a critter complain about a noisey bow
less is better IMO
W.M.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

When I bought my Bulldog 400 Black ops they came with those. I tossed them in the parts bin.. Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

your better off with a heaver arrow that sound deading. my bd 400 had like 800 gr of rubber do dads.
seems most dont use a chronograph . :roll:
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

I don’t hear to well but really I cannot tell a difference in noise level. I need a chronograph not only for my curiosity of actual speed on my bows and what friends will claim and also for my rifles.
I just know that its faster because I had to turn the speed dial. How much it really sped up I haven’t got a clue. Obviously if there is something on the strings that is weight so it will slow things down. It was funny when the one flew off and bounced off of me. Little freaked out at first until I saw what it was. Still have no idea where the other one went?
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

You can check with some of the string makers and ask them if they can install string silencers on them. they are tied on and don't come off. if you want them.
W.M.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Put ten 4" long pieces of yarn on both sides, unstring bow pull string apart and put them in the middle . They will turn into a puff ball after you shoot a few times and never come out will not slow your bow much at all.