O/T Butchery Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Don

O/T Butchery Question

Post by Don »

I am getting a side of beef, and have been asked how I want it cut. I have no clue so if there is a butcher out there that could give me a little help on this I would appreciate the help.

Moss if you read this I would have called you on this one but have misplaced your number dude.

Thanks in advance,
Don :lol:
IowaXbow New-b

Butchering your Beef

Post by IowaXbow New-b »

I used to cut meat in our family's grocery store. Also, I live in Iowa where it is pretty common to have a nice freezer full of beef.

Your butcher will need to know how many people in your famiily or your usual meal size so he can size your roasts accordingly in the packaging. I am from a large family so we always liked to freeze our roast in 3 or 4 lb size. You will need to tell him how you want your burger packaged (single one pound packages or two pound, etc.) Tell him how thick you like your steaks...easier to cook them rare enough if they are thick, but you rwill obviously get fewer...my family practically disowns me if I get past medium rare). Tell him how many in each package. Tell him how you want your round and rump roasts packaged (rolled, tied, etc,.) Also how you would like your shanks, etc. packaged and how much stew meat you want vice all into hamburger. I sometimes leave some of the trimmings in larger pieces vice all into hamburger because I like to make chili and stews with chunks of meat rather than all ground stuff. Hope thi shelps.

w
Don

Post by Don »

Thanks to all how helped out. Order is in and butcher was happy with my order details. I even learned a little.

Thanks again,
A.W

Post by A.W »

Don wrote:Thanks to all how helped out. Order is in and butcher was happy with my order details. I even learned a little.

Thanks again,
Kinda like "one stop shopping" in this forum. :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.