Pre-rut starting?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Butt

Pre-rut starting?

Post by Butt »

Went into the bush yesterday morning to see if there was any sign around my stands.Was out last Thursday evening and put a little doe urine around one of my stands, well like I said when I got into the area yesterday morning I followed five big scrapes right to my stand. :shock: Could the prerut be starting? Anybody else seeing any rutting activity?

Good Huntin Butt.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I saw a tree on Sunday with a fresh rub :D . The sap was still dripping out of the sapling. Guess where I'll be come next Saturday morning!!!
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
(THE BLUE STAR)

Post by (THE BLUE STAR) »

I have seen scrapes and rub`s for Eight Day`s now Here in the Eastern Townships (Quebec Zone 5&6)This Sateriday last was out sitting in my Tree stand for 1&1/2 hrs and seen two does went back for supper and my wife showed me pictures (Dit.cam.) she took of a Yearling and a doe 25 ft from the camp eating carrots, they were there for 15 min. :D :D Frederick
Frederick.. The Blue Star
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

I've seen several Bucks crossing the roads in the past few days. Times getting close.
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Yes it is ,, I'll post a pic of so Calling and rattling last night...BT
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
ed martin

Post by ed martin »

Saterday morning, had 3 bucks and to does walk right by me at 100yds. the bucks were following the does for sure.Bring on the doe in heat piss.good luck man. :wink:
schnarrfuss

Post by schnarrfuss »

I am also seeing lots of scrapes. The rut is definatly on!
"Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that."

Exomag-Lumizone-Thunderbolts-Slicks-
Blasers-GroundpounderMount-CustomBooString

Bowtech Destroyer Compound Bow Fully Loaded
bobsdf

Post by bobsdf »

Hunting near Terra Cotta (WMU 78D) last Saturday and Sunday. Saw a nice buck checking his scrapline Saturday night. Sunday morning I saw him making a new scrape in the same area. Didn't manage a shot. :cry: Not too many scrapes around yet, what there was appeared to be fairly new. Looks to me like they're starting to get active!
Don

Post by Don »

Was in Westport on Saturday to get firewood and saw rubs on several trees, not much more than a few days old.

Now don't get excited and fall out of the tree Butt, who would we have to look forward to trying to beat in 3D come spring, LOL.

Don :lol: