BOOFEST 30, 60, AND 100 RESULTS AND PICS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

BOOFEST 30, 60, AND 100 RESULTS AND PICS

Post by paulaboutform »

.....where are they guys? C'mon y'all, give us the skinny. :mrgreen: Someone must've taken some pics. How many people took part, what did you all think of it? Did we get pics of the winners with medals? Y'all don't brag right! .....combine with trash talking it's something like this, 'y'all are lucky I wasn't there, I'd have made a clean sweep of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in all three classes and been wearing all the medals at the same time like Mr. T!!!! :eusa-dance: :mrgreen: :lol:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
flightattendant100

Re: BOOFEST 30, 60, AND 100 RESULTS AND PICS

Post by flightattendant100 »

Well, I hope I am correct, Derrick won the 100 and the 60. Michael Shafer took second in 100 with Colton sneakin’ In the back door for third( only because only 3 tried the 100 in the wind) Michael Shafer and Reno placed in 60 but not sure what order. Not sure on 30 results, Derrick has all this written on his lap top.
It was really windy and I think it kept most shooters over in the 3D course. I am really glad and surprised that I don’t think we lost a single arrow at 100 all day, and only a handful of shots made it to the plywood backstop. Everything else was in the big Bulldog. That in itself says quite a bit about the quality shooters there.
I will try to send you a video of wind in an email. You won’t believe it. As bad as it was, it affected shooters more than arrows, as best as I could tell. As it got stronger I do think we got some 6 o’clock push out of the headwind, but it wasn’t much..
Thanks again for all you did for these shoots, Paul. You really did go over and above. Can’t wait till next year
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Flightattendant isnt lying about the wind. It swayed the bow and the shooter more than it affected the arrow in flight. We had at least 50km/h gusts but it was a steady crosswind all day. From the bench, at 100y it only affected my windage by an inch. I would’ve thought it would’ve had a greater impact, this surprised me. The wind moved the shooter more than that when freehand at 100y! The wind limited the number of willing competitors. The field was still deep in talent though. Colton, ShafferM, ShafferR and Rino are no slouches behind the trigger.

In all, 31 groups of 3 arrows were fired across the 3 ranges in competition, (and probably double that number in practice shots!).

100y shoot: Me :mrgreen: 22pts, ShafferM 14pts, Colton 4pts
60y shoot: Me :mrgreen: 24pts, Rino 22pts, ShaferM 20pts
30y shoot: ShaferM 28pts, ShaferR 26pts, Scott 26pts

I didn’t try the 30y shoot because the Mr. T look never suited me and I pitied those fools! :lol: There’s your trash talking, Paul :eusa-popcorn:

Thanks, buddy for donating the prizes and medals. It wasn’t the same without you bud, but it was a great time no less. What an afternoon.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

paulaboutform wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:45 am
... 'y'all are lucky I wasn't there, I'd have made a clean sweep of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in all three classes and been wearing all the medals at the same time like Mr. T!!!! :eusa-dance: ...
Unless you managed to talk me into being drug along with ya Buddy!! :P

I'm Your Huckleberry... :lol:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
flightattendant100

IronNoggin wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:27 pm
paulaboutform wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:45 am
... 'y'all are lucky I wasn't there, I'd have made a clean sweep of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in all three classes and been wearing all the medals at the same time like Mr. T!!!! :eusa-dance: ...
Unless you managed to talk me into being drug along with ya Buddy!! :P

I'm Your Huckleberry... :lol:

Cheers,
Nog
Bring it, Nog!😁
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Nog, the Mr. T look just wouldn't suit you :eusa-naughty:.....you've far too much hair on your head and not nearly enough whiskers! :lol:

That sounds like a smashing good time fellas! I really do wish I could have been there. (no thanks necessary Paul, it was really my pleasure...but thank you). You can tell young Colton I'll be gunning for him next year....and maybe not to use his cold steel folder to mince old tractor tires. :mrgreen: :lol:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
flightattendant100

paulaboutform wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:30 pm
Nog, the Mr. T look just wouldn't suit you :eusa-naughty:.....you've far too much hair on your head and not nearly enough whiskers! :lol:

That sounds like a smashing good time fellas! I really do wish I could have been there. (no thanks necessary Paul, it was really my pleasure...but thank you). You can tell young Colton I'll be gunning for him next year....and maybe not to use his cold steel folder to mince old tractor tires. :mrgreen: :lol:

Paul
Ill pass the advice on.

And Load up NOG and bring him next year!