Dad blew up a bow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XB I GO

Dad blew up a bow

Post by XB I GO »

We got invited to hunt axis deer this weekend in TX Hill Country. We took the Excalibur's out and they were spot on as usual. I might use my vertical bow if we are in a ground blind so I was practicing with that. Dad took out his vertical bow to shoot with me. First pull back we heard "donk" and the bow kind of blew apart. One of the cables is snapped. Luckily, we didn't get hurt and it doesn't look like the limbs or riser broke. I feel bad because I know Dad loved that bow. He got it in 2005 right when I was born and he has done a lot with it. Dad never even looks at the new bows and always just says his bow does everything he wants. The last two years we went to bow shops (2 different ones) and Dad wanted to get new cables and strings. Both guys said they were just fine and he didn't need new ones. The bow is useless now. I know we can't afford a new bow and maybe cant fix this one right now. My brother and I are going to encourage Dad to hunt with us using the Excalibur's or maybe his favorite flintlock. We're also going to suggest fishing today, because Dad says a day on the boat cures most anything. Those wheelie bows are a pain in the neck to get parts or fix yourself. I guess it was old and just worn out. I hope Dad doesn't feel like that....lol.
gerald strine

Re: Dad blew up a bow

Post by gerald strine »

You can get good deals on used vertical bows try Craigslist or e bay.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Fletch2

Post by Fletch2 »

Your amazing young man your thought towards your dad Hope you guys score big on this hunt :thumbup:
2012 vortex
vixenmaster string
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

Thirteen years on a bowstring. That is a long time. Should have changed it when it was 12. :thumbup:
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

yes it is..
My niece's boyfriend was given an older bow and I could not find a new string for it anywhere
I finally ordered a custom one from 60X strings and got it installed for him.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup: