11th Annual Dew Drop Inn Big Buck Contest

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mighty Mooser

11th Annual Dew Drop Inn Big Buck Contest

Post by Mighty Mooser »

You have until midnight Sunday to Register... Great time had by all.
When you whack them you better stack them!!!
209x50

Post by 209x50 »

I signed up yesterday !!! The owner said registrations were way down so far, 300+last year, and only 150 this year. It is worth the $10 guys. In the past 2 years I have won a FREE shouldermount, and over$300 cash. Not bad for such a small investment. The "Dew Drop Inn" is in Bonville Ont. (N of Cornwall), in case you didn't know.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Whats the Dew drop in? and where can a person get more info ?

Thanks
Harry
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
209x50

Post by 209x50 »

Sorry I didn't explain better....the "Dew Drop Inn" is a local bar. All the local bars usually host a Big Buck Contest. Most are $10 to enter :D . If you shoot a big deer (weight that is)250+ you will do well in the contests. Although I think it would be a little far to drive from Oshawa to get it weighed in. :shock:
Mighty Mooser

Post by Mighty Mooser »

Registrations, are usually slow until the last day or so, I expect 300+ again this year. I was out getting my sponsors filled. Biggest deer I believe in the 10 years, was 284 lbs I believe. My gang currently has no bucks that are contenders in the bushes we hunt, maybe next week they will move in. I have my eyes set on the Big doe prize at the moment Exocet package. I have helped many years at the scales, and I believe her to be 160+ field dressed. I was there 2 times hunting, and she was there both times, but at 100 yards and there was no chance of getting closer. She was sneering at us last week, but next week I am packing heat. I can acurately hit with my sabot slugs out to 150. Good luck to all!!!
JR

Post by JR »

See y'all there! Had a blast the last time there, (2002) and looking foreward to another good time. Who's buying the beer? How are we going to recognize each other? :lol: :?:
Stock Exomax and now a Micro 335. :)
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/thebuckhunter/smiley_561gun.gif[/img]
Mighty Mooser

Post by Mighty Mooser »

Does anyone know if any other of the contests are running this year. Martintown Is. I was told Quinn's Inn Isn't??? But am unsure, and I believe there was one at the edgewater in Summerstown, but am unsure if they are on this year!!! Any tidbits on these contests??? My Brother or Myself will likely Have the Big Doe Prize, as I am convinced she is well over 160 Lbs. That is assuming she shows her pretty little face Monday!!!!

Post by Guest »

Those Big Buck pools are fun to join, kinda like playing the Lotto every now and then. Can't win if you don't play. :wink: :lol:
In 1995 I won a new Rem. BDL .30-06 for the top prize in one pool and nearly U$200 (missed 1st place by only one pound :cry:) in another pool I was in.
The deer was'nt really all that big 203# :oops: , as it normally takes a 230#+ buck to place in these contests.
I sold the 06, as my beloved JP Sauer mod. 80 .270 Win. cannot be displaced. 8)