So close to my first buck

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

deerslayr

So close to my first buck

Post by deerslayr »

I got out late this afternoon, it rained all morning and it was a very dim foggy afternoon. I walked into a buck on the way in, so I set up and waited and he came back in about an hour. He stayed out of range and walked up the hill and woke up a doe. He was following her right to me. She walked right up the hill toward me and didn’t see me until about ten fifteen feet away. The buck started down my left side for a perfect shot when she flipped her flag and stopped him dead in his tracks behind a tree. She must have stared at me for five minutes and she spun around and ran, after a few minutes the buck turned and started to walk to where she was standing. I decide to try for a left hand shot so when he walked behind a tree I switched hands and started to turn but my pack rubbed on the tree or maybe he heard my heart pounding and he stared me straight in the eye. He to spun around after several minutes and ran. Then he came back on the edge of the trees out of range behind me and just stood there and watched me! What are my chances if I go back to the same spot tomorrow? Think he will be there?
If you can't take a good shot, don't take a shot.

Dan R.
TAC

Post by TAC »

Only one way to find out if he'll be there!

Makes you wonder if they can hear your heart, doesn't it? ;)