Swhacker 150 crossbow broadhead

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

Re: Swhacker 150 crossbow broadhead

Post by SEW »

I really like how well the Schwacker practice points are like the actual broadhead.
Joshuaj34

Post by Joshuaj34 »

I don't use the bands with swhackers as they stretch if bumped and will fall off if you're not careful. I use small black rubber bands. Put it over once, twist it, and pull it back over. I've killed numerous deer like this over the past few years with the 125 grain head. I'm considering the 150 grain. To all my fellow Swhacker users.... Please keep an eye on those bands.
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

Rage tripan hypodermic comes in 150 gr.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

SEW wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:46 pm
I really like how well the Schwacker practice points are like the actual broadhead.
I've been using the 150's for a while now shooting them attached to 16.5 BEE's with Lumenoks. They fly like their on a string. I can shoot 1" groups at 40 yards with these. Best accuracy I've found with any broadhead. Can't beat these for mechanicals as far as I am concerned. :thumbup:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

I have been using 125 grain Swackers for 5 years, not sure my kill count but at least 7 or 8. Never have double banded or had a head open prematurely out of a Mission MXB400, Micro 355, BD400, or Ravin R9.
My favorite thing about them is that you can practice a few shots with the actual head that will be used for hunting, then remove the tape or shrink tubing, replace the band, and go shoot a deer with it. It seems like I used to have a twinge of doubt about whether my hunting arrow was going to shoot 'exactly' like my practice heads and I don't want to keep shooting and sharpening so these heads fit my needs perfectly. With these heads in 100 grain I was hitting the 1" black bull at 60 yds yesterday with the BD400 for all 3 hunting arrows so no worries about accuracy.
I am converting back down to 100 grains for the BD400 because I went with 20" arrows with heavy brass 110 grain inserts so my arrows are around 430 grains with 100's and shoot close to MOA.