excel string

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

littlekitch

excel string

Post by littlekitch »

I've been using Flemish strings on my phoenix for quite a while.couldn't find any in area shops so I purchased an excel string.has any one used these and are they usable on my phoenix?
Boo

Re: excel string

Post by Boo »

The Excel string is an endless loop Dacron string. If you really want to use this dinosaur string, call Danny Miller.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
littlekitch

Post by littlekitch »

I am confused.if this string is such a dinosaur why is Excalibur still supplying it to stores?I just want to go hunting and don't need to deal with crap products if this is what your saying.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

What is being said is that the material used to make the string you're looking at is Dacron, it is the material used on all stock strings for the EXO series. The Flemish String is made with performance materials that will provide 15 fps more speed on those models. Contact Danny Miller, he'll have both most likely.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

littlekitch wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:57 am
I am confused.if this string is such a dinosaur why is Excalibur still supplying it to stores?I just want to go hunting and don't need to deal with crap products if this is what your saying.
It's the OE string that came with the bow. It is slow, more quiet but a safe string to use because it's very forgiving on a dry fire. Why are they supplying? Excalibur sells them to shops because they shops ask for them. A better question is why the shops ask for themBecause shops ask for them because they are cheaper? Because the shops don't know any better? Because they are safer? Donno the answer.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wabi

Post by wabi »

The first few years I used "fastflight" type strings after I purchased my Phoenix. I had to exchange 2 sets of limbs because of spliners. No dry fires, the splinters just appeared for no apparent reason.
When I installed the third set of limbs I decided to use dacron strings to see if I could get longer limb life.
It's been several years now, and that third set of limbs still look like new.
Was it the fastflight strings?
I have no idea, but I do know dacron tends to be more forgiving (less shock & felt vibration).
As long as I don't have limb problems I'm sticking with dacron!
The bow may loose a few fps in the arrow velocity statistics, but it still shoots through deer if I do my part, and that's good enough to suit me! :mrgreen:
wabi