Twilight DLX or Tact Zone

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mcheney

Twilight DLX or Tact Zone

Post by mcheney »

Hello,
I have a M355 with a Tact Zone scope and I must say I like it and have had good success.
My longest shot using this combo on a deer was 55 yrds in good light conditions and it was a good hit. And a tasty deer!
I had the lighted reticule on and it does help aging eyes even in the middle of the day.
So far the only thing I dislike is that the lighted function overwhelms the view when you need it most, at dusk and dawn, so that kind of sucks.

Also having an M350SE I am thinking about upgrading the scope from a Dead Zone to a Tact Zone or the Twilight DLX.
Having never had my hands on a DLX, let alone hunting with one, I was looking for opinions.

Either can be gotten new with the DLX running about $30.00 more so in the long run price between the two is not really a consideration.

Any thought on the pros and cons?

My guess is Tack Zone may have less eye relief, a smaller field of view and possibly less transmission of light in dawn and dusk. But lighter and less bulky.
Would the DLX light also overwhelm the veiw when needed most?
Thanks!
Equinox..shadow-zone
Vortex..veri-zone
Matrix 355 (Stinger)..tact-zone
Matrix 350SE..dead-zone
…ya, I know.
ko4nrbs

Re: Twilight DLX or Tact Zone

Post by ko4nrbs »

I put a Twlight DLX on my Exomax and really like it. I replaced a failed Shadow Zone. It's been an excellent scope for me. Works well in low light and has survived several trips in my Climbing Tree Stand.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
dutchhunter

Re: Twilight DLX or Tact Zone

Post by dutchhunter »

I like my tac zone.if the light is to brite in low light I turn it to green on the lowest setting..with my eyes it really helps as I loose the regular crosshairs in low light against the back ground
addicted to canadian beaver