Nikon bolt vs shadow zone scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

PSEWOOD

Nikon bolt vs shadow zone scope

Post by PSEWOOD »

Would I see an improvement going to a Nikon bolt from a Shadow Zone scope.The lighted cross hair is useless in low light.The shadow zone is no difference with scope or with out.My VarII Leopold rifle scope is better looking thru scope than eyes alone in low light.Is there a better scope for low light than Nikon?It would be on Vortex at 300fps.
longbow joe

Re: Nikon bolt vs shadow zone scope

Post by longbow joe »

I can verify that the bolt is way better than a varivone
I never had a shadow .As far as I'm concerned if it's to dark to shoot with a Nikon bolt .....its too dark to hunt. In pa we have a legal cut off time . The bolt is always bright enough to see and shoot inside the legal times . So l never had a need for more. Great scope its calibrated to 305 fps. Spot on for your bow.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
janesy

Post by janesy »

I find my Nikon Bolts to be pretty good in low light, but that's subjective, most moderns scope pass more light than the eye is able to process anyway. The glass in Nikon's are always clear to the edges.
One of the best parts about the bolt is the 11OZ it weighs.

But I do have concerns with the thick reticle if you decide to go for black bear. It may disappear. But for what they cost, they are pretty hard to beat for 95% of all whitetail conditions at reasonable hunting ranges.

Hawke scopes tend to have a pretty solid following, you may want to do a search on those too
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Nikon Bolt is an excellent choice. Perfect speed from the Vortex to match up well also.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!