Hha optomizer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Hha optomizer

Post by longbow joe »

I've been toying with the idea of an hha optimizer. I never saw one in person. Are they sturdy...l mean if you wack it during a hunt basically normal stuff can it take it or is it fragile. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks joe .
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Bcxbow

Re: Hha optomizer

Post by Bcxbow »

longbow joe wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:08 pm
I've been toying with the idea of an hha optimizer. I never saw one in person. Are they sturdy...l mean if you wack it during a hunt basically normal stuff can it take it or is it fragile. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks joe .
Joe

They are extremely well made and heavy duty. I love mine and the only improvement I can recommend is to add the speed dial bracket and light from Borkholder Archery. The numbers on the tape are difficult for my old abused eyes to see at last light or in a blind. To me the optimizer is well worth the money. Also they are as accurate as the claims state.

Good luck
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

They mentioned a knob extension ..do I need one for a excalibur bow.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

longbow joe wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:33 pm
They mentioned a knob extension ..do I need one for a excalibur bow.
Yes, if not the yardage adjustment wheel/knob could come in contact with the ADF T-lever and it gives more clearance when cocking with rope cocker.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Ok thanks .maby after the holidays I'm gonna pull the trigger on one
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Just an FYI, guys on other forums are hinting at a new version of the HHA coming next year.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Probably made of machined plastic.... l better buy one now. Thanks NE.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I have a few Optimizers and love them. As mentioned, there are a few things to be aware of. Yes, you need the 2 extension brackets to move the speed dial outward or it will not work on your bow. The magnifier is a great idea for aging eyes and I need to get one myself. :crazy:
It will raise your cheek weld to a jaw weld which means you'll want to figure out how to elevate your cheek rest. I use a 'Tourbon Adjustable Strap-On Cheek Rest'. The optimizer is well built and solid BUT....it's also a somewhat delicate piece of equipment. A few years ago my bow rolled forward onto the grass landing on the scope. It was a very gentle fall but the scope was grossly out of zero. All that being said, I love the Optimizers and highly recommend them.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I have 2 of them one on my xbow and one on my wife's, she really likes just having a single crosshair to aim with plus I can use a heavy duplex rifle scope with excellent glass. I've been using them on my vertical bows for competition for several years and I love them. The instructions are very simple for setup. I use glow in the dark tape that I bought from Walmart and cut tiny pieces to mark my 20,30, and 40 yardages on the yardage tape to use when I'm hunting in a blind and it works very well. Good luck with your decisions.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
BigOLayne

Post by BigOLayne »

I have one on my Assassin and love it; sight in at 20 and then at 60 and your good to go from there. Instructions are not difficult and they have a video on how to sight it in.
On the Assassin's you don't need an extension because of the internal crank! Solid and well worth the money.
Assassin
Hha speed optimizer/tact zone
USAF retired
Dr.Stirrup