O/T - Lanark county deer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Stalker

O/T - Lanark county deer

Post by Stalker »

Just wanted to ask anyone that has been hunting the Lanark district if they are seeing the same number of deer as they usually do ??..... a group of us have been hunting the area and although we have seen a few deer (no good shots yet).... we are not seeing as many deer this year compared to others..... even driving to and from work there aren't the numbers of deer in the fields either. I did hear some bad rumours over the summer that I passed off as just that "rumours" but now I'm not so sure..... just curious.......

I know it's late but I haven't had time to be on here to much lately..... so a belated congratulations to all those who have filled a tag and thanks.... I've enjoyed all the stories.... this is a great site....... 8)
Ontario Bow Hunter

Post by Ontario Bow Hunter »

That's because the poor farmers have been slaughtering them al summer!
Doug the Slug

Post by Doug the Slug »

Sightings of 10-15 deer in the fields around here are common place. Lots of deer. :D :D
They are there!
Regards,
Doug
Stalker

Post by Stalker »

Thanks guy's...... OBH... THAT is the "rumour" I was hearing over the summer !!... Doug.... I wish that there was some crown land down in your area... either you have land of your own or the farmers are more welcoming to hunters in your area than those in north lanark......