Should I Stay/Should I Go?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BUCKSHOT

Should I Stay/Should I Go?

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Have been hunting since season opener from time to time, I had a Doe tag for Manitoulan but unfortunately, a good opoortunity did not arise!
Ever since returning to my home WMU, I have been looking for the illusive Buck.
Now I have the opportunity to join a gun hunting gang for a couple of days! That way I could have a chance at a doe again!
I really think that at this point it isn't about making a kill, especially with a gun!
I think I will stay with the bow and perhaps a couple of outings with the rifle on my own!
The thought of disrupting all of the bush, through an organized round-up is just not really appealing to me anymore! :roll:
The thought of using my own wit, especially with the bow has really got a grip 8)
Good Luck to the gun hunters in the next while anyway!
Enjoy the Harvest!
steve

Post by steve »

Buckshot...I think you answerd your own question. Still lots of time yet for bowhunting. :)
TAC

Post by TAC »

I was wondering the same thing last week. My PAL came in the mail on Tuesday. Do I go to Ellwood Epps and buy a gun if I don't succeed by the end of the week? Will a lot of the bucks be gone by the end of gun season?

Fortunately I got my buck by x-bow the day my PAL arrived and I didn't have to make a decision. I suspect though that if I did decide to get a gun (still went and bought one anyways) to get a buck, I would have done it the same way as I did with the x-bow---sitting there silently in my little spot waiting for one to pop it's head out. It just would have been shot a little farther away than if by bow. ;)

I'm hoping that someone I casually know will allow me to fill his buck tag if he doesn't succeed over the course of gun season. :)