Arrow question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chadermaran

Arrow question

Post by chadermaran »

Hello, it has been along time since ive been on the site here. I find myself with a new bulldog 400 and i have a question on arrows. It came with 18 inch diablos. Im more of an aluminum guy, so im wondering if i can cut my 2219s down to 18 inchs and be safe shooting them? Thanks
nchunterkw

Re: Arrow question

Post by nchunterkw »

There are others on here who could comment better, but I think at the speeds of the bows now, such as your 400, i think that you will achieve better accuracy with carbon vs. aluminum. As speed goes up, any issues with your arrow will become wildly apparent.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Boo

Re: Arrow question

Post by Boo »

Take your length, multiply by the number of grains per inch, add the weight of the front insert used, add the weight of rear nock used, add the total weight of your fletchings. If your total weight is above 350 with a broadhead or field tip, you are safe. I think (you should verify) that a 2219 XX75 is 13.8 gpi which makes it 248+ gr for a 18" shaft alone. Add the other components and you're well over 250 before adding a field tip or broadhead.
Accuracy can be excellent if you get a decent FOC.
Some people just like stepping on rakes