How many bears ??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

How many bears ??

Post by Woody Williams »

This is the yard of a lady that is called the Bear Lady. She lives in eastern Ontario. She feeds bears daily except when they are in hibernation.

My son was with a group up there bear hunting and fishing, but nowhere close to her place.
Last edited by Woody Williams on Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

My son who gets his looks from me and his brains from his momma hand feeding a wild bear.. duh..
Woody Williams

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Quickshot

Post by Quickshot »

Increadable :o
enjoy the woods
Doug
Digger

Post by Digger »

And they dont call him Lefty yet? :shock: 8)

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
maple

Post by maple »

Woody,

That's amazing. They must eat a ton.

Where exactly is this bear lady located anyhow? I've heard rumours about this before but have never bothered to follow up and go see for myself. It's something I should put on my to do list.

Maple
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

maple,

I'll find out. My son is working the midnight shift right now and I'm sure he is sound asleep.

He has some more pics.. I 'll get them and post them up..
Woody Williams

PaJack

Post by PaJack »

I have only one word to say, WOW... :shock:
Hunt Safe,
Jack
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Very interesting, but also quite disturbing.

This is the exact type of habituation that will one day cause some person their life. Sooner or later a bear will snap(they throw temper tantrums like children, only more severe in nature), when they don't get what they want. A bear that has no fear of humans is a very real danger.

Post by Guest »

WW,

Ya sure them thar aint a herd of lost Circus bears?? :wink: :lol:
huntin freak

Post by huntin freak »

chris4570 wrote:Very interesting, but also quite disturbing.

This is the exact type of habituation that will one day cause some person their life. Sooner or later a bear will snap(they throw temper tantrums like children, only more severe in nature), when they don't get what they want. A bear that has no fear of humans is a very real danger.
I agree with chris that it is an amazing thing to see but I agree also that this is a very wrong thing to do with these bears. These animals have associated humans as a source of food and how long before they will either seek out a cottage or home and ransack it and then be destroyed as a nuisance bear. Or worse yet someone whether it be a little kid or anyone else becomes a meal for mister bear. Keep them afraid of humans and I will rest easier. My 2 cents. :x