WOOHOO! My 3355CABCDN16 has arrived

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Stepnoutnb

WOOHOO! My 3355CABCDN16 has arrived

Post by Stepnoutnb »

My New Micro 355 Camo Cabelas Canadian package Model #3355CABCDN16 has arrived. I assume the 16 in the model stands for year 2016 manufacture date seem correct?
I opened the box everything looks great but won't put her together for a few days. I have been working overtime since last September :crazy: My overtime commitments will end in July. Thank you Lord. I am seriously considering semi-retirement starting December 2019 :clap:
The outside of the box mentions box mentions Video included where would I find that? Does it have to do with that square symbol code on the box and do I need an app downloaded on my tablet or phone to view it?
Cheers
Stepnoutnb
Carnivorous

Re: WOOHOO! My 3355CABCDN16 has arrived

Post by Carnivorous »

Nothing like unboxing a new bow. I remember that feeling like it was yesterday! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Breathe, try to control yourself, and stay calm! :lol: :lol: Keep things very simple, and repetitive as you put it together, and begin shooting. Understand what brace height means, how to cock, and uncock the bow, how to adjust the string & change it. By the time the summer gets good & hot, you'll be posting tips you picked up.

Enjoy! 8)
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

If that were me . ..overtime ...double time whatever ...l would have it done and shooting it in the backyard with the spotlight on.....but that's just me.
I agree with Jeff..nothing like unboxing a new excalibur crossbow even though we disagree on the color.
Enjoy your new bow .l hope its lucky for you.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Here's a link to what you're looking for http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/owners-manuals/
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

Carnivorous wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:09 pm
Nothing like unboxing a new bow. I remember that feeling like it was yesterday! :)
Did you go shopping on Wednesday??
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:53 pm
My New Micro 355 Camo Cabelas Canadian package Model #3355CABCDN16 has arrived. I assume the 16 in the model stands for year 2016 manufacture date seem correct?
I opened the box everything looks great but won't put her together for a few days. I have been working overtime since last September :crazy: My overtime commitments will end in July. Thank you Lord. I am seriously considering semi-retirement starting December 2019 :clap:
The outside of the box mentions box mentions Video included where would I find that? Does it have to do with that square symbol code on the box and do I need an app downloaded on my tablet or phone to view it?
Cheers
Stepnoutnb
You've been given some solid advice. All I can add to it... After you have familiarized yourself with the cocking/loading/decocking process, I would highly recommend that you set aside a fair bit of time and shoot your bow. What you are looking to do it develope a safe and repeatable process of cocking your bow and applying the safety consistently. By doing this and incorporating that step into your procedure, you will start doing it without thinking about it.
Secondly, you want to develope the habit of ensuring that your arrow is set TIGHT against the string, every time.

Unfortunately, all to frequently we see a new crossbow owner have a dryfire or safety breach a couple weeks into ownership. Especially in your case with a high level micro, you need to be diligent. These are extremely high performance recurves.

The Guardian antidry-fire is a great addition, but far far from fool proof. Here is the results of an improperly loaded BD380 on its first 4 shots. luckily no injuries, but the ADF did NOT catch the arrow 3or4 shots in a row.

Btw, those were luminocks hahaha\/
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

janesy wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:06 am
Stepnoutnb wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:53 pm
Cheers
Stepnoutnb
You've been given some solid advice. All I can add to it... After you have familiarized yourself with the cocking/loading/decocking process, I would highly recommend that you set aside a fair bit of time and shoot your bow. What you are looking to do it develope a safe and repeatable process of cocking your bow and applying the safety consistently. By doing this and incorporating that step into your procedure, you will start doing it without thinking about it.
Secondly, you want to develope the habit of ensuring that your arrow is set TIGHT against the string, every time.

Unfortunately, all to frequently we see a new crossbow owner have a dryfire or safety breach a couple weeks into ownership. Especially in your case with a high level micro, you need to be diligent. These are extremely high performance recurves.

The Guardian antidry-fire is a great addition, but far far from fool proof. Here is the results of an improperly loaded BD380 on its first 4 shots. luckily no injuries, but the ADF did NOT catch the arrow 3or4 shots in a row.

Btw, those were luminocks hahaha\/
Thanks for the great advice. I’m understanding what your saying. Here at work SAFETY is our #1 priority. I’m also a range officer ar our local firearms club. One can never have enough communication in these issues. We had a tool box talk this week about all humans performing any task will make a mistake 1 out of 100 times but if you have another set of eyes or someone check or proof that mistake will be 1 in 100000 events.
Same goes for reloading you must be clear of mind with no interruptions. I’ll apply these strategies to the Excalibur
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Wow, I keep having to re log in!!! I just wrote a whole thing and got punted. Anyway, I haven't got the patience to rewrite it so I'll just say, Rag Bag Target by Third Hand Archery....awesome. I have a Spyderweb and 3 Rag Bags...they're great for under $50.00

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

janesy wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:49 am
Carnivorous wrote:
No sir! My two bows are treating me well and I see no upgrades happening in the near future! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Carnivorous wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:29 pm
janesy wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:49 am
Carnivorous wrote:
No sir! My two bows are treating me well and I see no upgrades happening in the near future! Lol
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Hey all you Ontario folks! A little info I have 2 sisters and their families in Orillia! I’ve been up there 3 times, maybe when I retire we can meet up at Tromblay’s tackle box or Elwood Epps. We could trade hunting and fishing stories :eusa-dance:
janesy

Post by janesy »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:57 pm
Hey all you Ontario folks! A little info I have 2 sisters and their families in Orillia! I’ve been up there 3 times, maybe when I retire we can meet up at Tromblay’s tackle box or Elwood Epps. We could trade hunting and fishing stories :eusa-dance:
I'm 20 minutes south of Orillia :)
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

Stepnoutnb wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:57 pm
Come to Boofest some year!
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

I’m 2 hours north! Combe to Boo Fest and meet lots of us
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335