trophy records

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BUCKeYeHunter

trophy records

Post by BUCKeYeHunter »

under what group are crossbow hunting records recorded under? i.e.-pope&young,boone&crocket
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I do not know how many, but Bone and Crockett Club recognize deer taken by all legal methods of hunting. Pope and Young excludes xbows..
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I think Ontario has a new record keeping organization. Can't remember for sure but I think there is either a seperate catagory for crossbows or they might be included with vert bows. I'll have to look through some magazines to know for sure.

Post by Guest »

GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Thanks for the link carl.. 8)
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Carl that is the one I was thinking of. I found it in my April 2004 issue of Ontario Out of Doors. The news section shows a picture of a large buck taken with a crossbow(Excalibur of course!). The new(at the time, perhaps still) crossbow record whitetail. The buck scored 182 6/8" after 18 points in deductions for "lack of symmetry". I wonder if this hunter is a regular here. I don't recall seeing or hearing about his buck being taken on the forum.
Rick Teal

Post by Rick Teal »

If we wait long enough, someone will probably start up a "William Tell Club" to keep the records of crossbow kills only.