Tracks in the new snow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TAC

Tracks in the new snow

Post by TAC »

Woke up this morning to a ground covered in white stuff! Not much, but enough that tracks are easily seen.

I went for a walk on part of our property that covers about 12 acres. Came across numerous deer trails, one moose and a bear track (!).

I figured the bears were all gone from here now since a guy down the road had 5 taken from his farm.

The train tracks bisect my property and earlier in September I had hung a small plastic bucket on one of the train signal signs. It's still got a bit of cat food in it. The bear trails came out of the forest and went right up to the post. It didn't knock the pail down (the food has been there now for a long time and I suppose it's frozen) and the trail then went along the tracks for a bit and back down into the ditch full of berrie bushes.

At least I've got a bear around again! I think I'll set up another bait can. :)

I was surprised at the number of deer trails along the train tracks too. Apparently a lot of animals use the tracks!

My x-bow is now restrung and ready for action again. I've got it and my 303 British ready for whatever distance is required! :)

Todd