new idea

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BUCKeYeHunter

new idea

Post by BUCKeYeHunter »

:idea: what about sorted weight carbon bolts all in the same style..........? like having a bolt that weighs 265 without a tip and you could tip it with an 85,100,110 or 125 and two more bare bolt sizes 305 and 345 for any weight combination between 350 and 470....each manufacturer has different sizes.at times i feel pretty limited to a certian brand when trying to achieve a balanced weighted bolt.i'm still new so if i say something dumb correct me gently.ty.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Ya got a PM :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

Heck with a PM, BE CONSISTANT ! Us one size arrow and learn to hit the same spot every shot. If you start changing up how will you know which one will fly and hit the point you want it too ? Learn to ajust your shot with either 1 pin or a scope with elevation points on it.
BUCKeYeHunter

a little clearer now?

Post by BUCKeYeHunter »

color code them or put a weight index on them......let's not have a half-dozen arrows each of a different weight in your quiver.but the choice to have a set of bolts weighted to suit your needs.i notice more accuracy at distance with the heavier arrow(a good thing on windy days).have assorted weights lets you adjust the spine too.also noted is that the heavier bolt had deeper penetration at closer range,the lighter arrow deeper at longer range.the aluminum bolts sound like that fingernail screeching on the chalkboard sound when i shoot them........just things i've noticed.
BUCKeYeHunter

clarification.........

Post by BUCKeYeHunter »

they only make one size carbon ,a 22 series.have this same diameter in three seperate weights.there's only one now(that i'm aware of)as compared to about 4 different kinds of aluminum.thus,me being an advocate of carbon arrows over aluminum,i prefer carbon........in time,i hope someone will see this point of view...........better said?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Use a little rail lube get rid of that fingernail screeching :!: :twisted: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Digger

Post by Digger »

What ever turns your crank Buckeyehunter. Bolts for my Vixen and Paradox. 345 gr. for vixen and 455 for Paradox and it stays that way. They are best weights for what I use them for.

Digger

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
BUCKeYeHunter

digger.

Post by BUCKeYeHunter »

are the 345gr and 455gr you shoot both GT's?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

BUCKeYeHunter them weights Digger use are good to go with GT's :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Digger

Post by Digger »

Both are Gold Tips Laser lls. the Paradox uses 85 gr. inserts and 125 gr. Slick Tricks, the Vixen has 100 gr. field points. 110 gr. difference.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
BUCKeYeHunter