Bad Day

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tkstae

Bad Day

Post by tkstae »

I was busted by a nice buck last night. He came in down wind, and again this morning by three does. That will teach me to stick my head around the tree to see what the noise is all about. Busted an arrow shooting a blunt tip at a gray squirrel on the way out of the woods. Then found out I dropped my rope cocker in the big woods somewhere. Bought a new arrow, and found a store that had the Excalibur rope cocker. Tomorrow is another day, and I'll be happy to just be in the woods again. Good luck to all of us.
BUCKeYeHunter

might be better tomorrow

Post by BUCKeYeHunter »

maybe you'll find your rope cocker :D
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

I've had those days also. In fact when I was out hunting with Little Owl last Monday, I lost the bottom part of my grunt tube. We had walked well over one mile through bush and open pasture. I didn't even bother going back to look for it, because we were in 3-4 inches of snow.

Well won't you know it, we met the two farmers that baled our land at our double gates. After talking with them for awhile, the father pulled out my bottom part of my grunt tube. He said he happen to look down and found it, and was it mine.

Sometimes you get lucky.

Grey Owl
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I've lost several grunt tubes along the way. Once I left a couple boxes of slugs where I had parked, of course they were gone when I revisited the spot.

Instead of having camo accessories they should make them in chartruese(sp?). Easier to find if you drop them or leave them lying around.

I almost lost my shotgun once. Seriously! I've painted it with a camo pattern. I had laid it down while taking a break. I was just about to get into my canoe and head off when I remembered I was without it. It took several anxiety filled minutes to find it again, it matched the terrain too well!