Ex- Shox Question on Micro 360TD

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

LondonDave

Re: Ex- Shox Question on Micro 360TD

Post by LondonDave »

I just purchased an Axe 340 yesterday. The guy at the shop said you have to wait 24 hours to shoot the bow after you install them or they will come off. They found this out after not waiting and having them fly off on the first shot. They contacted Excalibur and were today about the 24 hour thing. Too bad it doesn't say that anywhere in the instructions. We'll see how mine hold up after I shoot it next.
2007 Exomax
String by "Boo"
Bolts by "GREYWOLF" and "John"
Dan Miller quiver mount
Varizone Scope
Butler Creek and Excalibur scope caps
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

LondonDave wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:56 am
Too bad it doesn't say that anywhere in the instructions. We'll see how mine hold up after I shoot it next.
With the manual there's a EX-SHOX mounting instrutions leaflet included which clearly states:

It is recommended to let the tape adhere for 24 hours before shooting the bow.

I've seen a YouTube video where they recommended waiting 48 hours. so I waited the full 48 hours and after approx. 30-40 they haven't even budged on my Axe.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

ComfyBear wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:00 am
LondonDave wrote:
Too bad it doesn't say that anywhere in the instructions. We'll see how mine hold up after I shoot it next.
With the manual there's a EX-SHOX mounting instrutions leaflet included which clearly states:

I've seen a YouTube video where they recommended waiting 48 hours. so I waited the full 48 hours and after approx. 30-40 they haven't even budged on my Axe.
I guess the guys at the shop didn't read the instructions. :crazy:

Mine will probably be a least a week before I shoot it again so hopefully they don't come off.
2007 Exomax
String by "Boo"
Bolts by "GREYWOLF" and "John"
Dan Miller quiver mount
Varizone Scope
Butler Creek and Excalibur scope caps
Buckjunkey

Post by Buckjunkey »

I wish I’d seen this thread before installing them on my new A360. I followed the instructions, waited nearly five days (I was out of town) before shooting my bow, and last night (after 75 shots or so) one of them flew off. I wouldn’t have installed them if I’d thought this was possible. Live and learn I guess.
RobD

Post by RobD »

Under 24 shots on my Micro 360 TD Pro and one of them flying off. Took me a few shots to figure it out. I was doing some Chrono testing while in the garage. Took a shot and heard something over on the other side of the garage, figured I spooked a mouse or something. Nope, wasn't ba mouse. Those were applued by the dealer, and it has been sitting for a few weeks.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

RobD wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:09 pm
Under 24 shots on my Micro 360 TD Pro and one of them flying off. Took me a few shots to figure it out. I was doing some Chrono testing while in the garage. Took a shot and heard something over on the other side of the garage, figured I spooked a mouse or something. Nope, wasn't ba mouse. Those were applued by the dealer, and it has been sitting for a few weeks.
Rob
The one that flew off is in a better place now.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
RobD

Post by RobD »

Billy -

No, I found it back behind a stack of Rubbermaid tubs. Pulled the mate off, cleaned off the goo on the limbs, and installed a new set of dBKiller bumpers. It is how I was going to configure it anyway, I knew them limb boogers were going to remove themselves sooner or later.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout

amythntr

Post by amythntr »

ComfyBear wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:00 am
LondonDave wrote:

....I agree with Luigi.... you follow the instructions and they stay on... they have not budged on my A360 and this morning I put them on my A420TD!

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
RobD

Post by RobD »

Anthony -

Oh, my problem is I waited too long to shoot it. The instructions said 24 hours, I did over 500 hours. :lol: I can see now how not following the directions is important.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout

janesy

Post by janesy »

I find, in my experience, if you leave them in the plastic bag.. they stay there forever. :thumbup: They don't even wiggle.

So that logic should transfer to the limbs no?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
RobD

Post by RobD »

janesy wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:34 am
I find, in my experience, if you leave them in the plastic bag.. they stay there forever. :thumbup: They don't even wiggle.
I would have done that, but my dealer did me a "favor" by pre-installing them. :eusa-doh: No biggie - now I won't be tempted to try them. If they were still in the package with good sticky, I would have been tempted at some point to stick them on to see if I noticed any difference. Now the only difference I notice is that I don't have to pay attention to my dBKiller Bumpers flying off. :clap:
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout