Warranty work

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

B-Logger

Warranty work

Post by B-Logger »

Wondering if anyone has had problems with Excalibur not honoring their guarantee and warranty?

Case in point is a neighbor. He came to me a few days ago wanting help. Suddenly his bow won't shoot accurately. I immediately thought perhaps the crosshairs on the scope had gone bad.

Long story short, he took it back to the retailer where he bought it. At first they balked but in the end, they kept it and then shot it. Found it has a cracked limb rather than a bad scope. He went back this morning expecting to get some answers and expecting to be sent to the warranty repair shop in Port Huron, MI.

Called Excalibur. After discussing it was told to send a picture and they would then send him some new limbs. When they got the picture they said they would not send new limbs! Said to just file where the crack was and shoot it. What?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the first place this is a safety thing. Imagine what could happen if the limb broke. In the second place, there is no accuracy at all. How can he hunt? And hunting season is only a week away.

I am simply amazed that Excalibur would do something like this and not honor it.

btw, it is a 2 year old Micro.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
xcaliber

Re: Warranty work

Post by xcaliber »

Contact Dawn, or Peter at Excalibur through their contact information. They will take care of you. Hit the contact us tab at the bottom of this page.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

That was done this morning and the reply is what I posted. They said no go on the fix as they did not think (looking at the picture) that it was bad. That simply amazes me. He tried to contact them again but they won't answer the phone.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

WOW!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

Wow is right for sure! When he called me this morning he was about fit to be tied. Myself, I could hardly believe it.

Even the store where he bought the bow was amazed at the lack of response from Excalibur. I want to help him but am really at a loss right now. I have directed him to do a couple things but if a company does not want to honor something like this, I predict it will be the ruin of the company and rightly so. Such a shame as I have promoted Excalibur for so long and this guy was one who bought the bow because of my recommendation. Wow.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
Tom

Post by Tom »

Is this a "cracded limb" or a sliver in the limb.
B-Logger wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:18 am

Long story short, he took it back to the retailer where he bought it. At first they balked but in the end, they kept it and then shot it. Found it has a cracked limb rather than a bad scope. He went back this morning expecting to get some answers and expecting to be sent to the warranty repair shop in Port Huron, MI.

Called Excalibur. After discussing it was told to send a picture and they would then send him some new limbs. When they got the picture they said they would not send new limbs! Said to just file where the crack was and shoot it. What?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The above direction or advice excalibur gave sounds like they determined that it was a sliver. That is the action required for a sliver. A sliver will not effect the accuracy or the safety of the crossbow.

The loss of accuracy could be attributed to many things:
....... could be a scope issue
....... could be loose fasteners (scope, trigger, ect)

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

That is probably true Tom. Yet, keep in mind that the Excalibur sales people do not agree and they too are shamed over this.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
janesy

Post by janesy »

Post up the pic that was sent in. Perhaps they are correct and in suggesting to sand it down is the easiest route?
Or not, hard for us to answer given the whole two side situation.

But to answer your immediate question, no I've never had a problem. But on the other hand, I can't say I've ever had a straight warranty claim(most of my bows carry no warranty anymore), aside from a foggy scope on the M380 earlier this year.

I'd have to be a pretty significant crack to effect accuracy, I suspect there may be a loose screw or other problem.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Tom

Post by Tom »

B-Logger wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:46 am
That is probably true Tom. Yet, keep in mind that the Excalibur sales people do not agree and they too are shamed over this.
I am sorry but where is that statement coming from.

You said that you sent in a picture and excalibur replied back with instructions of what to do. These instructions are common instructions given to people that have encountered a sliver, not for a "cracked limb". Therefore I believe excalibur has determined that this is a sliver, not a cracked limb.

From your earlier posts, you said that the store was who said it was a cracked limb, they might be mistaken, confusing a sliver as a cracked limb.

Post a picture on here and members can give you better advice.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

Well guys, I can understand why you are standing up for Excalibur. I always have stood up for them too.

To answer though, no, there is no loose screws. No the scope is not loose. Yes, this was also confirmed by the archery shop and they are also very put out with Excalibur.

However, the first answer from Excalibur was just a text message. A terrible way to contact in my opinion, but that is what was done. But in the end (I won't bore you with details) he was able to get hold of Peter again and even though he said the bow could still be used (how, I don't understand), he will be sending new limbs so at least he will be able to hunt.

I am still amazed that he was advised that he could continue to use the bow and even hunt. What?! At 20 yards it would be up to 4" off!!!! How in Sam Hill would anyone feel good enough to hunt with something like that? How in Sam Hill would anyone even feel comfortable shooting a bow with a cracked limb.

In the end, I am glad that Excalibur is going to replace the limbs but for sure will be gun-shy about the company from this point onward.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have had mixed results wid warranty claims through the yrs. Fer the most part Excal has done me very decent. I can certainly see wid an open mind on any troubles that comes wid a newly purchased model
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

One more thing is making a decision based on a picture. Sometimes pictures do not tell the whole truth. It would certainly seem that they would take the word of an archery repair shop though but in this case, they did not.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
Normous

Post by Normous »

With 250,000 + individual strands of fiberglass in each limb I can't see a sliver affecting anything performance wise at all except maybe jabbing your finger if not careful. I have had a few slivers in my day and sanded them smooth without any long term (years) issue .
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

Not sure I mentioned anything about a sliver.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

I probably should have added that the archery shop also said that when they cocked the bow, they could hear cracking in the limb. Again, I am amazed over this whole thing.
Keep smiling!
Dennis