Morrell YellowJacket Target

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mtbyak

Morrell YellowJacket Target

Post by mtbyak »

Has anyone used this for practicing with broadheads from their Excalibur?

How does it work?

Any shops in Ontario carry it?

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work

Post by Guest »

Yes, I bought one and it works ok. I shoot an exomax and even at 45 yds the head sticks out the back. Sometimes I have to push the head all the way through so I can take the head off and pull the bolt back. It does not really hurt anything except ripple the vanes which are fixed easily by holding them over steam from a boiling kettle. The target seems to hold up alright. My buddy brought one back from bass pro shop in S.C. only cost me $55 CDN. Its 3 times that if you order online and get it shipped to Canada. Hope this helps.
fletch

Post by fletch »

That was my post above. One thing I forgot to say was not to shoot expandable broadheads at this target, I learned that the hard way. I broke two blades off in the target and I shot in the same spot and the buried blades cut a brand new carbon bolt on me.

Post by Guest »

I bought one and was very dissapointed. Arrows penetrate past the fletching and it is so thick they almost dissapear. Not enough sticking out either side to remove them. I had to take an old aluminum bolt and actually drive them out using a hammer.
I would NOT recommend the target!
wabi