STEAMBOW.COM

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

STEAMBOW.COM

Post by amythntr »

....look at this website....these look like Excalibur’s...what’s up here???

Anthony :eusa-think:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
RobD

Re: STEAMBOW.COM

Post by RobD »

We had a previous thread about that last year about this time.
https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69147

It had a link to a YouTube video review, and in that it states it is a BullDog 400.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

RobD wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:51 am
We had a previous thread about that last year about this time.
https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69147

It had a link to a YouTube video review, and in that it states it is a BullDog 400.
...didn't see it last year....but what is this all about...are they stealing Excalibur's images or what?

...Is it me or is the riser shown in the images on their site different than Excalibur?

Anthony :eusa-think:

P.S. I did a search on this site and only saw one other post from Bill McGuire in Feb 2019....
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

they needed a bow to use their product on so they chose the best :) jmo
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Boo

Post by Boo »

Compound bow systems will not work well with Steamboat. Once the cables and strings are relaxed, there is too many things that will go wrong. So the company went to the logical choice, Excalibur and presented their invention. One is a converted and the other is their own machining. While it's cool and all, Steamboat has a steep hill to climb. As with many inventions, they have to "battle prove" their product to show Excalibur that it will be worth manufacturing. So they have to make and sell enough to show that it is an economically viable venture.
It's been around for a bit now and they were at the ATA.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:41 pm
Compound bow systems will not work well with Steamboat. Once the cables and strings are relaxed, there is too many things that will go wrong. So the company went to the logical choice, Excalibur and presented their invention. One is a converted and the other is their own machining. While it's cool and all, Steamboat has a steep hill to climb. As with many inventions, they have to "battle prove" their product to show Excalibur that it will be worth manufacturing. So they have to make and sell enough to show that it is an economically viable venture.
It's been around for a bit now and they were at the ATA.
....well there you have it....I never heard about them and was curious....with the A360 and the A420TD I don't think anything could be much simpler!

Thanks Don!!!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
dithian

Post by dithian »

1. Cool idea. If I had invented it, I'd be proud of how clever I was.
2. Quite gimmicky. It takes the wonderfully simple technology of a recurve crossbow and adds complexity for no apparent reason. It departs, anyway, from one of the main reasons I'm drawn to crossbows in general, and recurves specifically.
3. Quick reload isn't really the name of the game when it comes to crossbow hunting.

Just not sure the device isolates and solves an existing problem.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

They are using 2 Excalibur's It kind of took the place of the Parker Concorde . It would be great for Disabled/handicapped people to still stay in the game . Check on the price they are $850.00 and are made one at a time out of block aluminum . I would not mind trying one of them out as I am always looking for things like that for the disabled /handicapped .
dithian

Post by dithian »

hunter with MS wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:58 pm
They are using 2 Excalibur's It kind of took the place of the Parker Concorde . It would be great for Disabled/handicapped people to still stay in the game . Check on the price they are $850.00 and are made one at a time out of block aluminum . I would not mind trying one of them out as I am always looking for things like that for the disabled /handicapped .
Good point about hunters with disabilities. I can see how that would be help.
wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad »

My steambow has been proving itself lately to be a worthy investment for my unique needs. Not only has it made me able to shoot 3D again with minimal assistance, but it also allows me to teach my kids how to shoot, without boring them with too much wasted time between shots;

https://youtube.com/shorts/PQ_OSFg3usQ?feature=share
adapt3Dprints.square.site
(Charger EXT blackout covers, Charger handle stow brackets, Cheek Rests)

327 Short Banshee
BD417
Micro/Matrix hybrid Steambow
Franken360