Assassin problem

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

B-Logger

Assassin problem

Post by B-Logger »

I am wondering if anyone has had this problem with their Assassin. A couple nights ago when I quit hunting I, as usual un-cocked my bow. However, for some odd reason, it would not work properly. It went about half way down then locked. I could crank it back up some but it is making a strange noise when I do so. I can not get it down and have left it in the position where it is locked. The front of the sled is almost at the end of the scope (about an inch in front of it). I am at a loss as to what to do with it.

Warranty maybe is no good with Excalibur any more. I'd think they would get right on this being hunting season and I'm stuck with no bow. I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Question: If I take the bow to an archery shop where they sell Excalibur, what would this do to the warranty? Or if I try taking the bow apart, what would that do to the warranty?
Keep smiling!
Dennis
Deaf jeff

Re: Assassin problem

Post by Deaf jeff »

i don't know anything about the assassin yet, but your best course of action would be to ask excalibur. this time of year is most likely horrendously busy for them
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

Indeed it is a busy time of the year and also they sell things that are needed for hunting. That is why we buy them and I've been bragging up Excalibur for many, many years. Now I've seriously beginning to doubt. It started with a neighbor also having a warranty problem that Excalibur didn't seem to want to fix (they finally did). Now this.

Sorry, but it just seems to me that they would want their customers to be out in the field using good equipment. Cripes, I already know they've lost at least one sale and possibly 3. How much more business are they willing to lose? I do not understand. Perhaps being in a service oriented business myself and knowing how important service is, it really makes me wonder. Such a shame.

So do I take a chance on getting the bow fixed by someone else or do I just wipe the season off? It is difficult to admit though that I wasted over $1500 on a bow and extra equipment.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
janesy

Post by janesy »

What did Excalibur say when you called them?

Why not cock it and shoot it to emilinate the string from the scenario. Since it's really only a winch setup. I'd say the rope is bound up. But getting the string out if the trigger would be my first step
Last edited by janesy on Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

Excalibur has said absolutely nothing. I've called a couple times. I've filled out the form on the Internet. I've talked to Danny Miller but Excalibur won't even answer the phone nor return a call when I left them a number to call.

Signed: Frustrated.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

janesy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:53 am

Why not cock it and shoot it to emilinate the string from the scenario. Since it's really only a winch setup. I'd say the rope is bound up. But getting the string out if the trigger would be my first step
Cock it and shoot it, maybe it will reset . You’re not hanging up on the ADF latch?
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

I could perhaps do that but would first have to get the sled all the way down in order to set the trigger. Perhaps I'm wrong but if so, please let me know and I'll try that.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

Could someone please tell me how to post a picture on this forum?
Keep smiling!
Dennis
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

Could someone please tell me how to post a picture on this forum?
Keep smiling!
Dennis
janesy

Post by janesy »

B-Logger wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:16 am
I could perhaps do that but would first have to get the sled all the way down in order to set the trigger. Perhaps I'm wrong but if so, please let me know and I'll try that.
I assumed since you said you were uncocking it when it locked up. that the string was still attached to the traveling trigger unit.

If the string is still attached, crank it back up and fire an arrow so the string is at rest. Then deal with the traveling unit. If the string is not locked into the traveling unit?? How did you uncock it? And or, why did you detach the string from the trigger?
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

janesy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:26 am
B-Logger wrote:
I assumed since you said you were uncocking it when it locked up. that the string was still attached to the traveling trigger unit.

If the string is still attached, crank it back up and fire an arrow so the string is at rest. Then deal with the traveling unit. If the string is not locked into the traveling unit?? How did you uncock it? And or, why did you detach the string from the trigger?
Please help me if I am wrong but yes, I can crank the string back but that will not put the string behind the trigger. So how do I get the string behind the trigger so I can shoot it?

I will gladly post 2 pictures that I took if you will please tell me how to do so.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
janesy

Post by janesy »

Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Sounds like your trigger is not open. I’m not sure how the Assassin latches work but you can see the latches on the traditional models and a trigger pull would open them up. I’m thinking you have something along that line happening .
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

B-Logger wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:30 am
janesy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:26 am
B-Logger wrote:

Please help me if I am wrong but yes, I can crank the string back but that will not put the string behind the trigger. So how do I get the string behind the trigger so I can shoot it?

I will gladly post 2 pictures that I took if you will please tell me how to do so.
That's my question, why is the string not behind the latches still?
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

janesy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:53 am

....I happen to agree 100% with this approach....It sounds like the rope is hung up somewhere...try to cock and shoot and see if the problem replicates.

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings