Assassin problem

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

B-Logger

Re: Assassin problem

Post by B-Logger »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:41 am
Sounds like your trigger is not open. I’m not sure how the Assassin latches work but you can see the latches on the traditional models and a trigger pull would open them up. I’m thinking you have something along that line happening .

The trigger is open. How do I get it closed again? Also, I still fear what might happen if the bow can be shot?
Keep smiling!
Dennis
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

When you say string behind the trigger do you mean behind the latch teeth that that hold the string back in the fire position. Is your safety on turn if off and pull the trigger and then reset if I am pictureing this correctly.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

gerald strine wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:48 am
When you say string behind the trigger do you mean behind the latch teeth that that hold the string back in the fire position. Is your safety on turn if off and pull the trigger and then reset if I am pictureing this correctly.
Sorry but it appears I have not explained the problem enough. I could perhaps do better if I could post pictures. I just do not understand how to post on this particular forum.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
janesy

Post by janesy »

B-Logger wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:51 am
gerald strine wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:48 am
Sorry but it appears I have not explained the problem enough. I could perhaps do better if I could post pictures. I just do not understand how to post on this particular forum.
I posted my email for you to send me the pics.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

Once again please allow me to restate the problem:

I did try to uncock the bow and perhaps I have been doing this wrong but it has worked in the past. I pulled the trigger and then pressed the lever to uncock. When I did this all was well until the sled got about half way down and I can not get it the rest of the way down.

I did crank it back up (with some noise coming from the bow) but of course it will not go back behind the trigger catch and therefore, it can not be shot.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
janesy

Post by janesy »

B-Logger wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:54 am
Once again please allow me to restate the problem:

I did try to uncock the bow and perhaps I have been doing this wrong but it has worked in the past. I pulled the trigger and then pressed the lever to uncock. When I did this all was well until the sled got about half way down and I can not get it the rest of the way down.

I did crank it back up (with some noise coming from the bow) but of course it will not go back behind the trigger catch and therefore, it can not be shot.
Ok, this is exactly what I thought you did. On the assassin, you do not pull the trigger. Your string is now caught on the ADF correct?

Your going to have to crank it up until it clicks, then rope cock it the last inch. If the sled won't travel down
Last edited by janesy on Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

Once you get it latched into the trigger NOT the ADF, fire the bow with an arrow in it and then dry to reset the trigger to the string.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

janesy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:58 am
Once you get it latched into the trigger NOT the ADF, fire the bow with an arrow in it and then dry to reset the trigger to the string.
Therein lies the problem. How do I reset the trigger without moving the sled all the way forward. I can crank it back to the very back but that won't help me at all. It simply does not work.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
janesy

Post by janesy »

B-Logger wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:09 pm
janesy wrote:
Therein lies the problem. How do I reset the trigger without moving the sled all the way forward. I can crank it back to the very back but that won't help me at all. It simply does not work.
I have done this on a 420 last weekend.

Does the sled lock into place at the top?
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

janesy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:13 pm
B-Logger wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:09 pm
janesy wrote:
I have done this on a 420 last weekend.

Does the sled lock into place at the top?
Yes it does but no trigger and the sled is as far back as possible.

I hope you got my emails.

Update: I just talked to Peter and hopefully will be getting a call from the warranty center. Peter also is stumped.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
janesy

Post by janesy »

Got your emails and replied. Can you send me a pic of how far back the sled will go when you are cranking it?

I am in a swamp area, I will host the pics shortly
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

janesy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:30 pm
Got your emails and replied. Can you send me a pic of how far back the sled will go when you are cranking it?

Thank you for answering in the email.

I could easily do that but it is just as easy to imagine what it looks like. It is back as far as it can possibly go. When it gets to metal upon metal, well, there is no way to get it further back without dismantling it (which I had seriously considered).

Still waiting for the call from warranty center. I'd like to get it there, get it fixed and go hunting!
Keep smiling!
Dennis
janesy

Post by janesy »

B-Logger wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:44 pm
janesy wrote:

I could easily do that but it is just as easy to imagine what it looks like. It is back as far as it can possibly go. When it gets to metal upon metal, well, there is no way to get it further back without dismantling it (which I had seriously considered).

Still waiting for the call from warranty center. I'd like to get it there, get it fixed and go hunting!
So when you say it's metal on metal, does that mean it's where it normally sits under the scope mount? Ready to fire, or is it stopping again further up the rail but not at the top?
Your terminology is making this hard to envision with a pic of how high it is going. Crank it up as high as it can go and send another pic.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

janesy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:58 pm
B-Logger wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:44 pm
janesy wrote:

So when you say it's metal on metal, does that mean it's where it normally sits under the scope mount? Ready to fire, or is it stopping again further up the rail but not at the top?
Your terminology is making this hard to envision with a pic of how high it is going. Crank it up as high as it can go and send another pic.
Picture sent. Yes, it is where it normally sits. I'm not sure where my terminology is leading you wrong. Even Peter, when talking on the phone had a problem until he did understand that the bow will not uncock or should I say it will just go half-way down. It gets to that half way point and then it is stuck hard.

I did try to do something with the rope cocker but simply can not pull that thing back. Actually even when cranking it back it seem to crank harder now than it did before. It almost seems like something got stuck in there but nothing shows. I don't know how anything would have gotten in there. I had been shooting it before heading out to the blind. I cocked the bow before I left for the blind and then after hunting tried to uncock it like I had been doing. And now here I sit.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
janesy

Post by janesy »

Got the pic, we are on the same page. Until I can post the pics, (sorry didn't plan to be stuck in kirkfield ON). I'll communicate with you via email.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme