Switching Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Switching Broadheads

Post by xcaliber »

I know I preach the fixed heads a lot, and do like them. I went out shooting today and it was windy! I was double checking my POI with the NAP Thunderheads, and they were drifting all over the place. I have several 125 grain Killzones so decided to try them parallel to field points out to 30 yards and they were within 1/2" or better. That is what I'm using this fall with the Axe.

More to come hopefully with pictures. :eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
W.Miguire

Re: Switching Broadheads

Post by W.Miguire »

Good thing you checked . Hope it works for you good luck
W.M.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Dan how did the cabellas lazer strikes do.did you shoot them also?
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

I shot thunderheads for years but always seemed to have sparce boodtrails. A couple years ago I got a good deal on some 125 rages and decided to try them. So far every animal I have killed with them has not gone far and the blood trails have been unbelievable. So I switched broadheads also.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Joe the Lazer Strikes fly great also, I have several of them as well.
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

xcaliber wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:06 pm
I know I preach the fixed heads a lot, and do like them. I went out shooting today and it was windy! I was double checking my POI with the NAP Thunderheads, and they were drifting all over the place. I have several 125 grain Killzones so decided to try them parallel to field points out to 30 yards and they were within 1/2" or better. That is what I'm using this fall with the Axe.

More to come hopefully with pictures. :eusa-popcorn:
That is an excellent comparison. I'd stick with them for sure.

I used to hunt with expandables but when one of them did not open and I watched an arrow go right through where I aimed but did not open, well, now I don't used the mechanical heads any more.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm going against the grain myself by choosing to go this route, but after several shots into an 18-1 target i have complete confidence in these hitting where I aim, and staying closed until they hit the intended target. There are now three that i have proven to myself that work as needed. I will not shame anyone's favorite because I imagine they too have done their do diligence to verify that their choice is going to work. These three are as follows and my list is my list. If I didn't mention your favorite it's probably because i haven't tried it, or don't wish to. Again, no slamming.
1. NAP Killzone
2. Cabelas Lazer Strike ll Crossbow, which is the same head with larger O-Rings
3. NAP Shockwave Crossbow, which is the same head with larger O-Rings

Edited to include Cabelas Heads, and that the O-Rings are not larger, they are thicker. Same I.D. thicker rubber.