Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

OnetimeonlyX—>

Re: Saddle Hunting

Post by OnetimeonlyX—> »

OnetimeonlyX—> wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:03 am
Onetimeonly x--> wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:57 pm
Anyone have any experience hunting out of a saddle with their Excalibur? Waiting on my order from Tethrd to arrive, Thanks.
Update..

I’m now two years into using a saddle, currently using the Tethrd Phantom. I’m days away from the young age of 61. Honestly this has become my preferred method of hunting when in a tree, your bow rests across the bridge basically hands free. Totally mobile with ability to adapt to changing deer movement at any given time. If your thinking of trying a saddle I would recommend, once your familiar with your gear your good to go.

https://youtu.be/8iT9NRTfUYY

https://youtu.be/mehxdLgzfx0
Micro Nightmare 335 (Gen1)
Matrix 355
Matrix 380
Bulldog 440
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR
OnetimeonlyX—>

Post by OnetimeonlyX—> »

Oops
Matrix 355
Matrix 380
Bulldog 440
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I am also pursuing this method of hunting with a few options to fit my age & abilities. More to come from my end, glad to hear you are doing this & enjoying it. :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
OnetimeonlyX—>

Post by OnetimeonlyX—> »

xcaliber wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:09 am
I am also pursuing this method of hunting with a few options to fit my age & abilities. More to come from my end, glad to hear you are doing this & enjoying it. :thumbup:
Dan,

What I’ve noticed is even if a deer picks you off in the tree they don’t seem to be as disturbed or alert. I think your silhouette is viewed as a main limb or broken limb coming off the tree? I don’t go high at all and in some cases I go just high enough to look over the under brush, gun hunting is a blast. Good luck!
Matrix 355
Matrix 380
Bulldog 440
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

OnetimeonlyX—> wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:24 am
xcaliber wrote:
Dan,

What I’ve noticed is even if a deer picks you off in the tree they don’t seem to be as disturbed or alert. I think your silhouette is viewed as a main limb or broken limb coming off the tree? I don’t go high at all and in some cases I go just high enough to look over the under brush, gun hunting is a blast. Good luck!
Hoping to get started soon on practicing. I'm excited to get going on this, and will share the things I find work for me late this spring. I have ladder stands that i will use for a good portion of the season, but early on, this seems to provide light weight mobility that should be safe & fairly quick to set up. I'm sure I'm going to be looking for tips once I get going. :thumbup: Are you repelling down?
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

longbow joe wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:37 pm
I used to spend hours in 16"×19" Baker mighty might climber .l hugged the tree getting up and down .l had a 6 inch screw in seat for "comfort". I'm sure the saddle isn't any worse than that.
Can you pee from it .? Lol.
:shock: :clap: :lol:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
OnetimeonlyX—>

Post by OnetimeonlyX—> »

xcaliber wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:52 pm
OnetimeonlyX—> wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:24 am
xcaliber wrote:
Dan,

Hoping to get started soon on practicing. I'm excited to get going on this, and will share the things I find work for me late this spring. I have ladder stands that i will use for a good portion of the season, but early on, this seems to provide light weight mobility that should be safe & fairly quick to set up. I'm sure I'm going to be looking for tips once I get going. :thumbup: Are you repelling down?
I’m not repelling down, in my setups I use climbing sticks short individual ones. The sticks I use have the double step not staggered. The Tethrd Predator platform is in my best setup but with the double step I can get away with using the top step (T shape) to stand on this allows me to have multiple setups without using the Predator. HSS has a safety tree strap/rope 9’ sometimes you can find them in a three pack, I use these as my tether and just leave the sticks and tether in a setup and I’m up and in just by locking in with the bridge of your saddle. Most setups I use a lifeline also, just unhook from the tether and hookup to the lifeline and I’m safe up and down.
Matrix 355
Matrix 380
Bulldog 440
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Thanks for the tips! :thumbup: