Are harvest numbers down ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gerald strine

Are harvest numbers down ?

Post by gerald strine »

Is it just me or does it seam like the Deer harvest post are down this year, we should be having a lot of deer movement now with the bucks coming in rut running does.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
B-Logger

Re: Are harvest numbers down ?

Post by B-Logger »

Not heard of many shot yet around here nor have I heard any official reports.

I did hear this morning that the lawmakers want to bring back baiting before gun season starts.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I know harvest numbers are down in The People's Republic of New Jersey (and we are allowed to bait).

Reasons:

1. it not just the people that are leaving this state....I hear the deer are leaving too. :shock:

2. Less and less people are hunting these days...more tree huggers, less people want to enjoy the outdoors, life being more complicated, etc. :cry:

Anthony :(
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I am Just going buy the forum post ware are all the harvest post in years past you got multiple hunt stories daily this time of year , our firearm season opens in a week and for the most part at that time the bows are put away for the year.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

B-Logger wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:04 am
Not heard of many shot yet around here nor have I heard any official reports.

I did hear this morning that the lawmakers want to bring back baiting before gun season starts.
I herd that also but it kind of late to be hashing that out opening firearm is in a week .
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

gerald strine wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:33 am
Is it just me or does it seam like the Deer harvest post are down this year, we should be having a lot of deer movement now with the bucks coming in rut running does.
WAY DOWN in this area of northern lower, people say they are not seeing deer. i can vouch for that as i have only seen 2 deer all season so far
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

amythntr wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:11 am
2. Less and less people are hunting these days...more tree huggers, less people want to enjoy the outdoors, life being more complicated, etc. :cry:
Black powder season started in Virginia this past Saturday. My daughter took a doe and was one of only six shots we heard all morning. A dozen years ago, we'd hear forty shots on opening day of black powder season. I took one with black powder on Monday morning and I don't recall hearing any other shots.

We definitely don't have the numbers of hunters we once had and its getting worse quickly.

We do have less deer, but it is relative. Now they are plentiful, previously they were way overpopulated.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Olympus

Post by Olympus »

Missouri youth season was last weekend and there were a little over 5k MORE deer harvest this year than last year, something like 18k total harvest in one weekend.

Harvest numbers are definitely not down in my state. I took a small buck with my Micro 355 about two weeks ago. Nothing to brag about, so I haven't posted it.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Central Ontario, I would say numbers are up.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I'm seeing a record # of deer this year I'm on my 5th doe l just dont post them people want to see antlers lol.
Only one buck tag in pa I'm rationing it.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

My area here in Howell county Mo. had a lot of tick toters killed durin youth weekend. I called up at the Office in West Plains asked how many were reported from out around cr7790. Took her a few min's she said less the 20, i told her that was odd cause i counted 60 shots fired Sat. mornin. I knowed same old boys killin their braggin Bucks now, most of the youngins around me fer few miles can't even hold up a gun let alone kill a tick toter wid it.

I have saw 13 tick toters in 7 weeks, i have not saw the numbers i usually see nor have i saw a Buck i would shoot n have killed 1 Doe so fer
Last edited by vixenmaster on Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
janesy

Post by janesy »

The deer I'm seeing, the one I have hanging and the one I got off the road are all large, very large.
Last winter and this year so far have been very good for the deer this year
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

I haven't been seeing the quantity of animals this year as last. I have almost no bucks on camera
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

vixenmaster wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:49 pm
My area here in Howell county Mo. had a lot of tick toters killed durin youth weekend. I called up at the Office in West Plaiask how many were reported from out around cr7790. Took her a few min's she said less the 20, i told her that was odd cause i counted 60 shots fired Sat. mornin. I knowed same old boys killin their braggin Bucks now, most of the youngins around me fer few miles can't even hold up a gun let alone kill a tick toter wid it.

I have saw 13 tick toters in 7 weeks, i have not saw the numbers i usually see nor have i saw a Buck i would shoot n have killed 1 Doe so fer
Mike I know you normally have a few in the freezer buy now .
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Just got home from a week in southern michigan hunting. Saw lots of turkey and shot a nice tom but for deer the amount of rubs and scrapes that are fresh was crazy but in 4 all day sits I never saw one deer. I thought for sure I would see a few out in daylight but everything seems to be after dark.