Big Bear !!!!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big Bear !!!!!!

Post by Guest »

On our hunting club, which we lease from a timber company, our club has been a bear santuary until this year. We are now allowed to harvest one black bear per year. I picked my son up from school yesterday and headed for the hunting club. We settled into the blind where Tyler killed His first buck opening week. After about 30 minutes Tyler said "oh my god, he's huge Dad. I peeked around the corner to see a huge black bear standing in the path at about 75 yards. I put my exomag down and picked up my .270 and settled the crosshairs on his shoulder. I suddenly remembered how much work it was when I killed a bear half this size 3 years ago. Tyler wanted to shoot Him with his .243 but I told him I didn't think it would do the job. The bear stayed in the path until dark. Tyler was a little scared so we went and got the truck ( he stayed inside to make sure I didn't get attacked :roll: I folded up the blind and we headed home. I called my Father in law and told him about the big bear and He's going to sit on Him til the season closes on Saturday. I just didn't want to shoot him, you know what I mean ?
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

That was me above, forgot to log in :oops:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray

Post by Guest »

its a funny thing black bears, some will not shoot them and some will doing anything for a chance at them
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

My father in law finally harvested that big bear that Tyler and I let walk last week. It was his first bear and He is tickled. :wink:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray