Explain This ??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

shootone

Explain This ??

Post by shootone »

OK here is one for your more experienced guys.
My brother and I set up on a small pond of water (sitting on the ground). We were there not 15 minutes when we heard this scream coming from further in the bush ?? We looked at each other . It started to get closer the "scream" was every 3 to 4 minutes. Out of the woods stepped a very large buck. He was snorting, stamping the ground, and rubbing trees !! Did he see us ? Other than my heart pounding through my chest we never moved. We were down wind as well. He didnt come any closer than 60 yds. He paced back and forth in the saplings. Looked right at me at one point but never took off. This kept going for about 15 minutes then he slowly wandered away. Darn.
What happened ????
Thanks for any advice.
Shootone.
Spring

Post by Spring »

Shootone.

Not sure about the screamin' thing. Fellas wouldna ben drinkin' or smokin' would ya? :lol: :lol:

I noticed Elmvale. My father was born there. Still have family there.

Cheers!
shootone

Post by shootone »

Hey Spring. Does your family have property in Elmvale ? Trying to find another site to hunt .
Shootone.
Cdngunner...

Post by Cdngunner... »

Lets face it you turned him on and when he saw you were not alone he took off
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

I have to agree with bstout, He's letting eeryone know he is there and that is his area. Stay out unless you want to tangle.
shootone

Post by shootone »

Thanks guys.
My buddy was in there yesterday and saw a smaller one do the same thing. Got to get back there.
Shootone.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

shootone,

Are you hunting anywhere near Tiny Marsh or at Tiny Marsh? I've often thought about giving it a try for deer, just wondering what it is like if you know.
huntman

Post by huntman »

I hunt the shotgun only season in the elmvale area alot of deer in that zone. I bow hunt there often but like to stay a little closer to home with the bow. During the gun season 2 weeks ago the deer where just in pre rut! The rut most be in full force up there now?
shootone

Post by shootone »

There are deer around the marsh due to the farm fields. I have been asking around but not many farmers seem to be bothered by the deer. There is county forest which is where we go. This is our first year but by ny opinion the rut seems to be starting ??
Shootone.
Vladymere

Deer Screams

Post by Vladymere »

I saw three button bucks together one time. One of them "screamed". I don't know why or what it means but it definetly wasn't a bleat or a grunt. Very loud screech.

Vlad