Excalibur Micro trigger questions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Smong2000

Excalibur Micro trigger questions

Post by Smong2000 »

I just got back a trigger group from Excalibur that is a warranty replacement. My original trigger had a bunch of take up or creep that was very crunchy, about 2 or 3 mm travel. The new trigger is clearly a rebuild and still has all the take up mine had but is very clean and the break is light, under 3lbs. It feels like a vague 2 stage trigger but seems like it will be nice and I am a happy customer, delighted with the warranty service.
My question is whether this is typical of the basic factory triggers, the take up I mean.
bigbowman

Re: Excalibur Micro trigger questions

Post by bigbowman »

I do know that a new trigger will not help creep if it’s a bull pup trigger! Just too much play in the linkage. I replaced my BD380 with a new ACP trigger that never helped! Good luck!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

Smong2000 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:34 pm
I just got back a trigger group from Excalibur that is a warranty replacement. My original trigger had a bunch of take up or creep that was very crunchy, about 2 or 3 mm travel. The new trigger is clearly a rebuild and still has all the take up mine had but is very clean and the break is light, under 3lbs. It feels like a vague 2 stage trigger but seems like it will be nice and I am a happy customer, delighted with the warranty service.
My question is whether this is typical of the basic factory triggers, the take up I mean.
I would say that's fairly typical, lots of folk mistake them for a 2stage.
The last one I got in my AXE was pretty crisp with minimal creep. They are certainly better now than they have ever been. The internals on the newer ones, say 2018 and up and much more polished than before.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

My Axe is the same as Chris’ but I remember my Micro 335 had about the same amount of creep. If it breaks the same all the time, stay with it!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

The only experience I have is with my micro 355 I purchased spring 2019. I likely have less than 100 shots. This trigger is exactly the way you described. I have LOTS of experience with good rifle triggers. My micro trigger in my opinion has loads of tough gritty creep. I did speak to Excalibur and they suggested I send it back to be checked. I’m just waiting to put a few more shots through it hopefully it will smooth out. This stock micro trigger will never be comparable to a fine rifle trigger.
I believe theRe are several posts with suggestions on how to aid some improvements.
I did put a few drops of Excalibur’s oil on the trigger and string latch, it may be my imagination but that seemed to help a bit, but again I haven’t really shot the bow enough.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

The factory Trigger on my Micro 335 nightmare is excellent!

Is a keeper! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Triggers are very subjective. One person's excess creep is not excessive to another. The reason for the trigger travel is safety. Carrying hundreds of pounds per square inch, Excalibur wants lots of engagement to make the trigger very safe to use for a long time. Creep is one thing that is acceptable but a gritty trigger travel with snags isn't pleasant to anyone.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

I'm shooting the bow in my garage at 5 feet with my eyes closed so I can concentrate on the trigger. I am getting to love it now, it's so clean and crisp. They definitely got all the grittyness out and lightened it up a lot. It's the kind of trigger that you don't even notice now, which is great. :thumbup: :clap:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Smong2000 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:21 am
I'm shooting the bow in my garage at 5 feet with my eyes closed so I can concentrate on the trigger. I am getting to love it now, it's so clean and crisp. They definitely got all the grittyness out and lightened it up a lot. It's the kind of trigger that you don't even notice now, which is great. :thumbup: :clap:
How are your groups? :lol: :lol:
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:42 am
Smong2000 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:21 am
How are your groups? :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :eusa-dance: Good one Dan! :clap:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Smong2000

Post by Smong2000 »

One hole groups for every single shot!!! :eusa-dance: :crazy:
Going to stretch it out to 15 feet tomorrow.. :eusa-think:
RobD

Post by RobD »

Smong2000 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:57 pm
Take your time! Last shoot session I did in my garage I was glad I was aiming out the door at 20 yards. Missed the bullseye entirely and ended up tromping 100 yards into the woods to retrieve the bolt. The nock was missing, so I think that might have contributed to the flight deviation.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Smong2000 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:57 pm
I like your approach to getting the feel of the trigger! Nothing better than trigger time. :thumbup: