Replacement Limbs For Older Wide Models?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

10Ring

Replacement Limbs For Older Wide Models?

Post by 10Ring »

It is a hypothetical question at the moment but I was wondering if anyone knew if limbs and other replacement parts were still available for the older models, such as Vixen's and Exocet's.

My apologises if this has been addressed before, I did try the search feature w/o success.
10Ring
Hi5

Re: Replacement Limbs For Older Wide Models?

Post by Hi5 »

I'm sure they do. Phone or email Excalibur.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
10Ring

Post by 10Ring »

Sent them an email, will post the result when it comes in.
10Ring
10Ring

Post by 10Ring »

I got a very prompt response from Dawn at Excalibur, here it is;

"If they are the REALLY old models with the old carved tip limbs, we would have to upgrade the limbs to the newer molded tip style as the carved are no longer available. To do so would be $100.00 for the set and you would also need the newer Excel string to fit the molded limbs."

My interest in asking about this is because I have been considering picking up an older, wide limb Excalibur to play around with on our club's 3D range. I shot Excalibur's for 3D from 1999 to 2004. I had a Vixen with carved limb tips and an Exocet, I especially regret selling the Vixen, it was very accurate.

I have a preference for the older models and for the type of shooting I would do, I would not need a compact bow or the fastest one, either.

I got back into archery in preparation for retirement, 2 years ago and I chose to return to my 1970's roots, shooting traditional bows. Though I shoot traditional bows, these days, I still find all forms of archery interesting, since 1970, I have shot recurves, compounds, crossbows and longbows.

I am not currently, actively shopping for a crossbow, but if I do get inspired to do so, I wanted to see what the spare parts scenario looks like.
10Ring
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Look on local craigslist l have bought numerous exo bows under 300dollars.
I bought a metal axiom last week for 150 bucks it was literally like new.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.