My first Micro 335 kill

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GodsRanger

My first Micro 335 kill

Post by GodsRanger »

First day opening season of Sept. 2019. I brought down a Black tail Doe in the afternoon on a parcel of private property here in Graham, Wa. I have no idea how I did it ? It was a comedy of Errors!! To make long story short, after attempting to push through the thick brush and black berry bushes, it was brought to my attention that there were a few deer about 50 meters behind me near an apple tree, in the midst of scrambling to a shooting position, I fell and lost my prescription glasses ? The Doe however, stood its ground probably wondering what I was doing ! I didn’t have time to use my range finder, so i guesstimated the distance at 30 meters, my partner was also hunting the same doe, and was using a recurve bow, we both took a shot only seconds apart, the doe jumped up spun around and boogied out of there, I thought for sure I had missed ? But to my surprise, the doe returned and dropped! I have no earthly idea how I managed to pull it off ! But I struck her in the sweet spot (heart and lungs) and she went quick, thank God for that!
ihunt

Re: My first Micro 335 kill

Post by ihunt »

Congrats and great story btw.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers