String Silencers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

peter p

String Silencers

Post by peter p »

I went out shooting my Wolverine and Exomax on the weekend. The Wolverine has string silencers on it with no dissapator pads and the Exomax has dissapator pads but no string silencers.
I noticed that the Wolverine was much quieter than the Exomax. The Exomax has a very loud vibration to it while the Wolverine is much quieter.
Everything on the Exomax is tight and I guess this is how they should sound but was wondering if string silencers would dampen the vibration a little.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Maybe but near impossible too keep on, the Wolverine is quieter do to the fact of a WOOD STOCK plus the lower poundage. Also bear in mind anything such as string silencers will take off a few FPS.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Digger

Post by Digger »

GaryL wrote:Maybe but near impossible too keep on, the Wolverine is quieter do to the fact of a WOOD STOCK plus the lower poundage. Also bear in mind anything such as string silencers will take off a few FPS.
String silencers fuzz busters and tarantulas do nothing but look ugly after awhile on your string. Put dissapater bars on the Wolverine and it just whispers the shot at the target.

Digger

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
JD Jones

post subject

Post by JD Jones »

If your Exo is loud, concider a bit heavier projectile. They absorb more energy, and leave less to vibrate the bow.
JD
The best thing for the inside of a man is the outside of a horse.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I put the whole limb saver kit on my exomag last year, the limb dampeners, string leaches, and that little doohicky that goes on the piece of metal that holds your bolt down on the rail. After less than one hundred shots, the only thing that stayed on the bow was the piece on the hold down bar. When I contacted limb saver, The lady in customer service said that they were having some problems keeping them on high poundage bows such as the exomag and quickly offered my a refund. Instead, she sent me a recoil pad for Tyler's .243
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
peter p

Post by peter p »

They must do something. I notice Bill T has them on his Exomax on the excalibur home page.
CaptainCharles

Post by CaptainCharles »

Those aren't sound dampeners on Bill T's Exomax on the front page. It is where the FFF string is served back over itself and has frayed a little. My Exomax looks the same way.....
"The American Dream is having your name on a weapon!" - Ted Nugent
peter p

Post by peter p »

CaptainCharles,
look further down at the tip of the buffalo's horn and you will see what I'm talking about.
Digger

Post by Digger »

peter p, Bill does have fuzz busters on his Max, but if you blow the pic up you'll see its all bunched up in a ball. It did this on my emag and looks like sh**. :cry: Thats a brand new xbow he took to Africa to test the Emax before it went on the market, and Bill makes fuzz busters for the accessery package so he uses his own product. 8)

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity