New Member from Maine

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Stepnoutnb

Re: New Member from Maine

Post by Stepnoutnb »

That’s a happy junior hunter right there and sporting the latest CAMO pants! Congratulations, that’s a great way to bring up the family.
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

welcome to you and your family, lotsa good info here
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Boo wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:14 pm
Welcome to the forum with the least amount of jackasses in the internet! :thumbup:
:crazy: :clap:

Dave :roll:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

AJ we hunt bear too, our area is known to have a healthy population of them. Taking my children hunting has been very rewarding.

Hunter with ms we are near Greenville.

Stepnoutnb when I grew up we had no turkeys, they were reintroduced and the population took off. It's a conservation success story every hunter should be proud of, it was made possible in part with money from the sale of hunting licenses and equipment. Hope you get a chance to hunt them in New Brunswick some day its a lot of fun and they are delicious.

Boo your YouTube videos were all I needed to learn how to re-serve my strings. Now a separated serving is a simple fix. Thanks for sharing your process it has already saved me a few bucks.

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. I will try to keep my braying and kicking to a minimum.
Take care
Hatchet
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Yes Sir Hatchet!!
I'm a lucky man. :eusa-dance: My kids and now my grandkids hunt. Nothing like passing it on to the next generation.
Maine is one of those places everyone needs to see in the fall.

And as Boo so eloquently stated and I might add, "welcome to the one place on the Interweb with the least amount of horse manure hitting the rotary oscillator. "!! :lol:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you.
W.M.
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Welcome 😊😊😊 i live in Stetson, were are you located at??? You will love your bow, been hunting with them for over 10 years now.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

maine hunter wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:58 am
Welcome 😊😊😊 i live in Stetson, were are you located at??? You will love your bow, been hunting with them for over 10 years now.
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

We live near Greenville. I am familiar with Stetson and have fished in your area. Sebasticook lake and the outlet at Stetson pond. It's been quite a few years though, about 15.
Take care
Hatchet
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

Glad you joined this great website.

Lots of good info and and the best of people.

Great you are enjoying sucessful hunting with the family
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

..... welcome to the forum!

..... Maine is my Happy Place as we spend 3 weeks in Damariscotta every August for the last 20 years!

.... nice to have you aboard!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

I’ve spent a lot of time in Maine as well. Vacations, weekend ski trips, shopping for the ladies, used to travel down in March to the sportsman shows in Bangor and Augusta.
I used to compete in pointing dog trials in Calais and Fryburg Maine. Met allot of great folks. Spent a few months in Millenocket Maine around Mt. Katahdin. Heck I bought my Jon boat in Maine.
Wayne
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Welcome to the forum ! Lots of good people here and plenty of Knowledge >>>>>------>
Twignstring

Post by Twignstring »

Hey from southern Maine (Wells).
I go through Greenville on my way up ta camp in North East Carry at the top of Moosehead lake.
Was planning a fly fishing trip for landlock salmon and brookies just a little north of you on the Roach river in a month or so. But the state is still shut down for now. So I dont think that's going to happen.
Its great to see the Turkey making their way up north . I helped with a turkey relocation program over 20 years ago down here in Souther Maine.
It's also great to see you getting the younger generations in to turkey hunting. Good job.