Ice is out. Dock is in. Boat next weekend!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Species8472

Ice is out. Dock is in. Boat next weekend!

Post by Species8472 »

Ice went out on the 24th. A month or so ago my guess was the 28th. The 24th is 16 days earlier than last year.

With the ice gone i figured might as well get the dock out as it was a sunny warm day with no wind on Saturday. However floating the dock out of the sheltered bay where it spends the winter was chilly as water temp was 2C (36F) and is armpit deep in some places. Total float distance is about 3/8 of a mile.

Hoisting the ramp into place. This pic is from last year as i forgot to take a pic of this step this year. Process was exactly the same this year:

Floating the main section around. Had a couple of hitch hikers along for the ride:

Hinges are pinned at this stage but still need to attach the 4 anchors. This is why the boards are removed in corners:

All done. By the time i had the anchors tied, access ports screwed down and the swim ladder lagged down the couple inches of snow from the night before was melted off:

Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
Stepnoutnb

Re: Ice is out. Dock is in. Boat next weekend!

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Nice spot. Nice dock, enjoy the good times.
Wayne
janesy

Post by janesy »

Dang. I always love that pic.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Very, very nice! A little bit of Heaven on Earth right there! :thumbup: :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!