My Food Plots

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Stepnoutnb

My Food Plots

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Well I have the gardens(DEER FOOD PLOTS) tilled. The damn deer are at one of my NEW Honey Crisp apple trees I put in last year. I have to get the electric fence up.
In the first picture I started this garden is 38 year ago. I had to stop for 12 years. I had 6 small bugs in it one Saturday morning in July. They destroyed it. Last year I finally put up the electrics.
The second picture I just reopened it again this year for potatoes. It sat idle for 15 years. I do all this tilling with a Troy Built 8 HP.
The last 2 pictures are from last year.

papa bear1

Re: My Food Plots

Post by papa bear1 »

Boy, I wish I had soil like that,
all I got is a lot of red clay and rocks and more rocks,
I have to make raised beds , but they work OK.
Very nice garden stepnoutnb :thumbup: :thumbup:

Dave :)
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

That's a GREAT looking garden!! :thumbup:
Here in ET we are mostly red clay, but on occasions you can find a piece of ground that's sandy loam. Down south of me in a little town called Grapeland, (where they sit on an old river bed drainage system with LOTS of sandy loam), they grow some of the sweetest Watermelons you'll find anywhere.
My bunch does "raised beds". Keeps me and the "Boss Lady" busy. Or...at least it keeps me busy and her pointing!!! :lol: :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Stepnoutnb

Post by Stepnoutnb »

Thanks folks. Over the 38 years I’ve picked out over a tandem dump truck of stones out of those gardens. My soil hear is a heavy loom with many stones. I’ve put in 2 tandem dump trucks of sand in them and hundreds of bags of leaves,grass clippings, trucks of cow manure, truck loads of hoarse manure with wood chip beading, and chicken manure. Many bags of peat moss have found their way in as well. I’ve also been blessed with outcropping of rock that I know goes to the Center of the earth. I had to cut rock to put my basement in. Lol I an dig down 6 feet some places and others the rock ledge is on the surface.
I’ve been blessed with a really good base soil to work with and over the years I’ve amended it.
Wayne