Post by Boo »

What do you guys in canada follow to keep updated. I follow
https://thegunblog.ca/
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Hi5

Re: The Gun Blog

Post by Hi5 »

I follow Canadiangunnutz.com

You have to apply if you want to post, but they have a series of forums that have some very informed participation. It's worth a read.

Boo, I assume that you raise this topic to help people realize that a whole lot of "nasty looking" firearms are now outlawed in Canada. A whole lot of previously legal firearms are now "prohibited". They won't be used for hunting anymore or target shooting.

One interesting thing, however, is that indigenous peoples are given a two year exemption from immediately having to cease using the prohibited firearms. This was to enable replacement with what we must presume are "nicer" firearms.

This raises two observations. First, if those wicked firearms, in the words of our Great Leader, have no purpose other than to kill people, as many as possible, and as quickly as possible, why do indigenous people need them? Does it not suggest that there ARE legitimate uses for those firearms? The other point would be that there is more (or certainly not less) violent crime in indigenous society as there is elsewhere. Would that not suggest that if "public safety" were truly the issue, the prohibition should BEGIN there? Or at least be applied simultaneously.

There may be an up side to this. While the two year exemption is in place, if any non-indigenous person is charged for breaching the prohibited firearm law, they SHOULD be able to defend themselves on the basis that the preferential treatment on the basis of race cannot be justified because of public safety.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Thanks for the heads up !
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

All we can do is make sure you don't vote Liberal again!!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Hi5 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 2:33 pm
I follow Canadiangunnutz.com

You have to apply if you want to post, but they have a series of forums that have some very informed participation. It's worth a read.

Boo, I assume that you raise this topic to help people realize that a whole lot of "nasty looking" firearms are now outlawed in Canada. A whole lot of previously legal firearms are now "prohibited". They won't be used for hunting anymore or target shooting.

One interesting thing, however, is that indigenous peoples are given a two year exemption from immediately having to cease using the prohibited firearms. This was to enable replacement with what we must presume are "nicer" firearms.

This raises two observations. First, if those wicked firearms, in the words of our Great Leader, have no purpose other than to kill people, as many as possible, and as quickly as possible, why do indigenous people need them? Does it not suggest that there ARE legitimate uses for those firearms? The other point would be that there is more (or certainly not less) violent crime in indigenous society as there is elsewhere. Would that not suggest that if "public safety" were truly the issue, the prohibition should BEGIN there? Or at least be applied simultaneously.

There may be an up side to this. While the two year exemption is in place, if any non-indigenous person is charged for breaching the prohibited firearm law, they SHOULD be able to defend themselves on the basis that the preferential treatment on the basis of race cannot be justified because of public safety.
If you've ever tried to read the firearms act in relation to "aboriginals" as they call it . You'd not touch that portion of the new law with a 10 foot pole
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

Carnivorous wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 2:42 pm
All we can do is make sure you don't vote Liberal again!!!
And encourage others to vote conservative. They are even making the 22 AR lookalikes prohibited. The days of voting apathy are hopefully over!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Janesy wrote

If you've ever tried to read the firearms act in relation to "aboriginals" as they call it . You'd not touch that portion of the new law with a 10 foot pole

The point is that this Order in Council has gone beyond the tipping point and SHOULD make the entire Order in Council unconstitutional. I just hope some reputable firearms organization steps up to the plate and takes control of the issue. If not, some jacka$$ showboat lawyer may bumble through the courts and waste a good chance to fix the law.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Normous

Post by Normous »

On a side note, as guns become more difficult to obtain and keep, I see crossbow sales going up in Canada.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
janesy

Post by janesy »

Edited my post to agree to disagree :)

Hi5 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 4:08 pm
Janesy wrote

The point is that this Order in Council has gone beyond the tipping point and SHOULD make the entire Order in Council unconstitutional. I just hope some reputable firearms organization steps up to the plate and takes control of the issue. If not, some jacka$$ showboat lawyer may bumble through the courts and waste a good chance to fix the law.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Posted in Off Topics:

It turns out that pretty well all 12 gauge shotguns with screw in chokes, most 10 gauges, several bolt action rifles, a target 22 and an Airsoft rifle were magically turned into "Prohibited Assault Weapons" by our current government. This conducted via an Order In Council so as to avoid any and all discussion in Parliament.

Don't know about you, but I am a tad beyond ticked off.

On several other Forums I am a Member of, we are creating a list of Action Items in response.
It would be a bit of a chore to collect them and post here.
So before doing so I would like to see a show of hands as it were.
Are any here interested in fighting this BS, and want to see the suggested Action Items posted?
I am willing...

If no response, I will take that as a no.

Your Call...

Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."