Acp trigger /sapphire

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Acp trigger /sapphire

Post by longbow joe »

In the company website it says the trigger will fit the sapphire...then below it contradicts and says no in darker print..
Anyone know the story is it a trigger clearance issue or is it because l need the new scope mount for the bolt finger??
I'm sure a tt will work but kinda want to try something new
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
janesy

Re: Acp trigger /sapphire

Post by janesy »

longbow joe wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 12:17 am
In the company website it says the trigger will fit the sapphire...then below it contradicts and says no in darker print..
Anyone know the story is it a trigger clearance issue or is it because l need the new scope mount for the bolt finger??
I'm sure a tt will work but kinda want to try something new
I don't have any first hand experience with a sapphire, but they aren't old, so it should fit. I'm sure Peter will correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't use a swept trigger. TT list them as straight lever "optional"

My 308 short had a TT in it for a bit, and it fit fine, however the trigger guard on those compact stock are a little forward and encroach on the lever from behind compare to the micro and matrix stocks. So having said that, there may be a small contact issue but I doubt it since they fit in the 308 with the same stock.

Regarding the hold down spring, that's an easy one, just look and see it it's mounted to the scope mount or if it's mounted to the trigger box. The ACP is not drilled on top for the hold down spring.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Thanks for the reply. Hold down is mounted to the trigger so l know l need a new mount or l will re tap my old mount not an issue.
The trigger seems like there is not a lot of travel space behind it compared to a micro.
I can easily dremel it if needed but l would rather have some Intel first before starting the operation
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Did a quick search, there is a member who has one installed in a 308 Short. So I can't see why it wouldn't work. I'm curious to know after you figure it out
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme