Charger ext ??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobcattrapper

Charger ext ??

Post by bobcattrapper »

On the utube videos it shows a wrist guard. :crazy: One fella did not use it to crank as he says it’s for if your decocking it. Some use it for both. I can,t imagine putting it on if I was hunting and quick needed to reload my crossbow for maybe another shot.And do you really need it for the axe 340 or will my back go out without it. :shock:
DuckHunt

Re: Charger ext ??

Post by DuckHunt »

I've shot my 400 Suppressor over 200 times and only a handful were while using the wrist strap. It is totally not necessary, but it does have a good reason for being there. While decocking, if you accidentally let go of the crank or it slips out of your hand, the crank could hit you a few times before you get your hand/wrist out of the way. The wrist strap is just to make sure your hand doesn't slip off of the crank handle and unleash the whirling dervish. The wrist strap does nothing to make the process easier/lighter. You can certainly cock and uncock the crossbow without it, but you're on your own if you let go of the crank without using the safety strap.

I agree that it would certainly take more time to use it if you need a quick follow up shot. My wrist strap is occupying space in a drawer with other unused accessories. Again, it really isn't needed at all while cocking but you can use it for that as well. I've taken more than one shot at deer on multiple occasions, but all of those where using a cocking rope. I'm not sure I'll be getting multiple shots using a Charger because there's just a lot more movement and time required.
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....not needed to cock since the cocking mechanism locks in place as you crank and if you stop during cocking....

.....with that said....I would highly recommend that you use the wrist strap for decocking as the handle will rotate wildly if it were to slip out of your hand. Can you picture the hurt you would be having on a cold day!

.....just remember IT'S THERE FOR A REASON!!!!!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I would NEVER attempt to decock without it! Cocking, you don't need it, it will not reverse.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

I have a target out at the land I hunt to shoot in so I probably just use it to crank the bow only. Thanks fellas!