Are you doing enough to fight the gun grab?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Are you doing enough to fight the gun grab?

Post by Boo »

Sorry for the politics but you all need to help and unfortunately, money is where the help starts.

https://donate.conservative.ca/membership/
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Farmer

Re: Are you doing enough to fight the gun grab?

Post by Farmer »

We all need to do something !
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Just Saying...

https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=71437

And more coming along each passing day.

Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Boo

Post by Boo »

IronNoggin wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 3:24 pm
Just Saying...

And more coming along each passing day.

Nog
I think it will come to legal battles and I mean plural. To do that the people who do the fighting in courts will need money. This is not a time to be cheap or let others do it for you. We should all chip in, even if it's a small small amount. Lip action only will get us where we don't want to be.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Boo wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 4:47 pm
I think it will come to legal battles and I mean plural. To do that the people who do the fighting in courts will need money. This is not a time to be cheap or let others do it for you. We should all chip in, even if it's a small small amount. Lip action only will get us where we don't want to be.
And I concur. There are links in my thread to that effect.
And although things are damn tight, I have donated to three legal proceedings and counting...
Hope others can see that is in their best interest as well.

Cheers,
Matt
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Boo

Post by Boo »

There are 2,216,509 registered firearm owner. If each one donated $5.00 or even better $5.00 for every firearm owned, imagine the challenge possibilities in each province as well as federally!
Ontario Savage

Post by Ontario Savage »

Who should one donate to? Is it a shooting sports federation? Sorry I honestly dont know but would like to donate.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Ontario Savage wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 9:15 pm
Who should one donate to? Is it a shooting sports federation? Sorry I honestly dont know but would like to donate.
I donated to the National Firearms Association https://nfa.ca/
as well as to the Conservative Party (see link in the first post).
I don't know if the Shooting Sports Federation is involved.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Ontario Savage wrote:
There are several good suggestions offered in this thread:

Cheers,
Nog
swalsh

Post by swalsh »

IronNoggin wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 2:48 pm
Ontario Savage wrote:
There are several good suggestions offered in this thread:

Cheers,
Nog
Personally I have joined the cssa, ccfr and the conservative party. Just by joining an organization like ccfr or cssa or nfa you contribute money to the cause.
I Hunt, I Fish, I Am
Boo

Post by Boo »

https://thegunblog.ca/2020/05/16/j-r-cox-raises-60000-in-4-days-to-fight-liberal-gun-ban-order/
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

One party wants to take my guns and the other wants to take my job. Can’t win donating $$$ to political parties IMHO.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Just got a letter from RCMP Re:Announcement Of A Firearms Prohibition.
It's a form letter, and reiterates the May 1, 2020 Government of Canada reclassification of:
  • Nine (9) types of firearms by make and model, and their variants;
  • Firearms with a bore of 20mm or greater, and those capable of discharging a projectile with a muzzle energy greater than 10,000 joules
  • Upper receivers of M16, AR-10, AR-15, and M4 pattern firearms
It advises that as a holder of a valid firearm licence, you are being contacted by the CFP as you may be in possession of one of these firearms.

It also gives the Canadian Firearms Program website where there's a list of newly prohibited firearms and info about the announcement or amnesty.

www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firearms

The website has a NEW Update regarding 10 and 12 GA shotguns. It reads:

Important notice: Update on 10 and 12 gauge shotgun classification under the new prohibition
On May 1st, 2020, the Government of Canada announced that it had made amendments to the Regulations Prescribing Certain Firearms and Other Weapons, Components and Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited, Restricted or Non-Restricted (SOR/98-462) [Classification Regulations] prescribing certain firearms as prohibited. One of the categories of the newly prohibited firearms include "Any firearm with a bore diameter of 20 mm or greater" (s. 95 of the Classification Regulations).

The Canadian Firearms Program (CFP) of the RCMP adheres to the Association of Firearm and Tool Mark Examiners' (AFTE) definition for bore diameter measurements. "The interior dimensions of the barrel forward of the chamber but before the choke." (Glossary of the Association of Firearm & Tool Mark Examiners by the AFTE Standardization Committee, 1st Ed. 1980). This is reflected in the RCMP's Firearms Reference Table (FRT) which clearly states that "...in shotguns, diameter of the barrel forward of the chamber but before the choke." The CFP also recognizes the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute (SAAMI) standards regarding firearms and ammunition. The SAAMI chamber specifications for 10ga and 12ga shotguns do not include chokes therefore indicating that chokes are not part of the bore. Accordingly, it is the CFP's view that, in accordance with acceptable firearms industry standards for shotguns, the bore diameter measurement is considered to be at a point after the chamber, but before the choke.

Further, in making classification assessments of firearms which are reflected in the FRT, the CFP relies on recognized industry standard measurements. With respect to 10ga and 12ga shotguns, the CFP recognizes the SAAMI standard specifications which establish that the nominal (i.e. standard) bore diameter measurements for 10ga and 12ga shotguns are below the 20mm threshold (19.69mm for 10ga, 18.42mm for 12ga).

From the info, it appears that 10 & 12 ga shotgun will NOT be prohibited.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
janesy

Post by janesy »

ComfyBear wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 5:46 pm
Just got a letter from RCMP Re:Announcement Of A Firearms Prohibition.
It's a form letter, and reiterates the May 1, 2020 Government of Canada reclassification of:
  • Nine (9) types of firearms by make and model, and their variants;
  • Firearms with a bore of 20mm or greater, and those capable of discharging a projectile with a muzzle energy greater than 10,000 joules
  • Upper receivers of M16, AR-10, AR-15, and M4 pattern firearms
It advises that as a holder of a valid firearm licence, you are being contacted by the CFP as you may be in possession of one of these firearms.

It also gives the Canadian Firearms Program website where there's a list of newly prohibited firearms and info about the announcement or amnesty.

www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firearms

The website has a NEW Update regarding 10 and 12 GA shotguns. It reads:

Important notice: Update on 10 and 12 gauge shotgun classification under the new prohibition
On May 1st, 2020, the Government of Canada announced that it had made amendments to the Regulations Prescribing Certain Firearms and Other Weapons, Components and Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited, Restricted or Non-Restricted (SOR/98-462) [Classification Regulations] prescribing certain firearms as prohibited. One of the categories of the newly prohibited firearms include "Any firearm with a bore diameter of 20 mm or greater" (s. 95 of the Classification Regulations).

The Canadian Firearms Program (CFP) of the RCMP adheres to the Association of Firearm and Tool Mark Examiners' (AFTE) definition for bore diameter measurements. "The interior dimensions of the barrel forward of the chamber but before the choke." (Glossary of the Association of Firearm & Tool Mark Examiners by the AFTE Standardization Committee, 1st Ed. 1980). This is reflected in the RCMP's Firearms Reference Table (FRT) which clearly states that "...in shotguns, diameter of the barrel forward of the chamber but before the choke." The CFP also recognizes the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute (SAAMI) standards regarding firearms and ammunition. The SAAMI chamber specifications for 10ga and 12ga shotguns do not include chokes therefore indicating that chokes are not part of the bore. Accordingly, it is the CFP's view that, in accordance with acceptable firearms industry standards for shotguns, the bore diameter measurement is considered to be at a point after the chamber, but before the choke.

Further, in making classification assessments of firearms which are reflected in the FRT, the CFP relies on recognized industry standard measurements. With respect to 10ga and 12ga shotguns, the CFP recognizes the SAAMI standard specifications which establish that the nominal (i.e. standard) bore diameter measurements for 10ga and 12ga shotguns are below the 20mm threshold (19.69mm for 10ga, 18.42mm for 12ga).

From the info, it appears that 10 & 12 ga shotgun will NOT be prohibited.
Until the next government decides otherwise. As long as it's written on paper, it's law. To be interpreted any way they so choose.

Interesting that they state that SAAMI chamber specs do not include chokes. No crap ... It's 2 feet away from the choke .
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

janesy wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 6:00 pm

Until the next government decides otherwise. As long as it's written on paper, it's law. To be interpreted any way they so choose.

This is key to the fact that if they want to do something, they will.