Top Excalibur Scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Geodehunter

Top Excalibur Scope

Post by Geodehunter »

Hello, Could you please tell me what the hands down what the best best Excalibur scope is now. With so many on the market I'm lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated
In God I Trust!!!
Hunt hard & Hunt safe, Robbie
wheelie

Re: Top Excalibur Scope

Post by wheelie »

Hard one to answer but I suppose it depends what you are after in a scope.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I like the Tactzone it will get the job done!

The main aimpoint dot is really nice.

But my absolute favourite crossbow scope is still the Leupold crossbones... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Excal scope....Tactzone...simple, 30mm tube so lots of light gets in. Lighted reticle, green or red. Speed ring. And it's a good fit on the Micro series, Axe and so forth.
JMHO!! :wave:

AJ
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I just received my AXE and it came with the DeadZone scope....it seems well built and the glass looks clear...it has the Chevrons for aiming.

....I agree that, scope choice is a matter of personal choice based upon what YOU are looking for, Size, glass clarity, weight, sight setup, illuminated vs non-illuminated....top scope is a function of truth and personal opinion!

....I ALSO like the Leupy Crossbones...however it is not sold anymore...

....there usually is a few Excal scopes for sale on the Trading Post...usually a result of members buying new rigs and changing out the Excal scope....good luck in your quest of the perfect scope
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
XbowMisiu

Post by XbowMisiu »

AJ01 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:30 am
Excal scope....Tactzone...simple, 30mm tube so lots of light gets in. Lighted reticle, green or red. Speed ring. And it's a good fit on the Micro series, Axe and so forth.
JMHO!! :wave:

AJ
Size of the scope tube has nothing to do with how much light the scope passes to your eye. Its the size of the objective lens. 30mm tube gives you more adjustment for drop.
Darz Bór!
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Well....all I can say is that the long range rifle instructors at Fort Benning in Georgia and the instructors at Quantico for the FBI's HRT Team ALL say the same thing..."the human eye can only gather so much light at the EP...Exit pupil". A scope's EP corresponds with your own pupil, which dilates from 2mm in bright light up to about 7mm in the dark.
NO scope , no matter how big the objective lens can get the light to enter your pupil. Once it exceeds 7mm, It bounces off the iris, and is lost! :eusa-shhh: :wtf:

Smaller tubed scopes depending on build materials sometimes lose the ability to "pass on" enough light to your pupil no matter how large the objective lens is on the scope. Quality counts, not the size of the bell on the front of the stupid thing!!
A 56mm objective will NOT be any "brighter" that a say 32mm objective if the insides of the glass (scope) are shoddy.
It's a sales gimmick to make you buy another scope!! Don't bother. :eusa-think:

I can take a $300 rifle and with the right glass and a little "inside knowledge" make it shoot like a $3000 dollar rifle, BUT....neither will shoot worth a busted buzzard's butt if the glass on top is crap!!!

BUY the highest QUALITY scope you can buy, but even those sometimes fail. Anything "man-made" can and will self-destruct at one time or another. :thumbdown:

I had a Leupold Mark 4 fail on me in the middle of a sniper match in Arizona one time. Just glad it was at a match and not in the middle of an operation!!
Boiling it all down to mechanics it's just a fact, in MOST instances a 30mm tube will allow more gathered light to pass thru the interior lens in the tube to the EP on the scope, (Ocular bell), thus affording you, the shooter, all the light your eye can gather at the moment of truth!!.

Fun facts learned by having "my ass in the grass, and not in a classroom"!!! :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :eusa-doh:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Normous

Post by Normous »

I always say beware of the High Cost of the Least Expensive scope.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

Like many here, I am a bit of a scope snob. I used to stick with Leupold for it's performance and reliability. Most notably the VXR Hog Socpe. Recently I've discovered this scope and I am very happy with it. https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-strike-eagle-1-8x24-ar-bdc3.html
I had it on my 360 TD and the illuminated reference points to 60 yards. I just mounted the 2 I own in my 400 Suppressor and 405 Matrix. They are a tough, bright scope that meets my needs and has an over the counter warranty that is difficult to beat.
Of all the Excalibur branded scopes, the Tactzone 100 is the best one so far.
Some people just like stepping on rakes