Charger with stringer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobcattrapper

Charger with stringer

Post by bobcattrapper »

Can you use the charger ext with the stringer aid to change strings? I have always used the rope cocker with my other bows. I don’t know if it’s easier to use the stringer yet with the Axe to change strings or brace height.To cock this bow with the rope cocker I can do it but it’s not too pleasant :eusa-shifty: I can do it though after my oatmeal a couple times :mrgreen: I did shorten the rope cocker today so should be a tad easier to use it when needed too.Thanks!
janesy

Re: Charger with stringer

Post by janesy »

I've used the crank on an assassin 420 to change string with a string , same idea just more ropes to work around
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I don't have a AXE but I use my charger on my micros and matrix all the time to adjust my strings and change them. just be careful.
W.M.
Boo

Post by Boo »

All the time here.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

All the time makes the task a whole lot easier .
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

I will unhook it after and after I do the string I will use the rope cocker to let it back down. Never had the anti dri fire before so I seen a utube you push the handle in first and hold then use the rope aid and pull the trigger and let down as usual.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I also uncock the crossbow with the charger just have to put my wrist in the strap and push the release on lever of the charger . Pull the trigger and the anti dry fire and let the stringer aid or string down if you forget to put the strap to the handle on your wrist it will or can get away from you and hit your fingers . If you don't push the anti dry fire all it will do is block the stringing aid just like the string and you have to pull it back a little to push it .