Trigger tec

Crossbow Hunting

Moderators: Bill T, Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Trigger tec

Post by longbow joe » Thu May 28, 2020 9:16 pm

I wanted to put a proshot trigger on my new sapphire but peter claims it wont fit so l ended up with a triggertec
I was victimized by the poor polish jobs they had a while back but was actually surprised that the one sent this time was perfectly polished as should be for the price.
I assume they listened to our bashing or someones
Micro 335 camo crossbones /matrix 330 nikon bolt /vixen ll / offspring with a micro stock crossbones/ matrix 355 with a micro stock crossbones/ metal ibex (adopted manco morto)/Phoenix/ trigger tec's /xacts/super freak ex's/ spitfires/zombies

janesy

Re: Trigger tec

Post by janesy » Thu May 28, 2020 9:57 pm

longbow joe wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:16 pm
I wanted to put a proshot trigger on my new sapphire but peter claims it wont fit so l ended up with a triggertec
I was victimized by the poor polish jobs they had a while back but was actually surprised that the one sent this time was perfectly polished as should be for the price.
I assume they listened to our bashing or someones
What trigger lever does your sapphire use Joe?
Micro-Hybrid-bulldog "PitBull370"
MOBU Micro BD345 "Greener"
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"

Every little sound in the bush sounds like footsteps... Until you hear footsteps!

flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 » Fri May 29, 2020 5:41 am

Not sure I understand why the Proshot wont fit. Trigger box is same? lever?

Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude » Fri May 29, 2020 8:20 am

The Proshot trigger will not fit any of the older models with a thumbhole stock since they use a different trigger arm. The trigger arm that fits the ProShot trigger has a different type of attachment system from the stock unit so you can't just change the trigger arms. At the moment there are no plans to produce a new trigger arm for these older models.

I hope this helps.

Peter

longbow joe

Post by longbow joe » Fri May 29, 2020 10:59 am

Upon changing it my sapphire had the normal straight trigger not a swept. That's why I'm confused.
Although a thumb hole it is not an exo stock.
Micro 335 camo crossbones /matrix 330 nikon bolt /vixen ll / offspring with a micro stock crossbones/ matrix 355 with a micro stock crossbones/ metal ibex (adopted manco morto)/Phoenix/ trigger tec's /xacts/super freak ex's/ spitfires/zombies

flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 » Fri May 29, 2020 12:31 pm

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:20 am
The Proshot trigger will not fit any of the older models with a thumbhole stock since they use a different trigger arm. The trigger arm that fits the ProShot trigger has a different type of attachment system from the stock unit so you can't just change the trigger arms. At the moment there are no plans to produce a new trigger arm for these older models.

I hope this helps.

Peter
Thanks Peter!

wheelsquad

Post by wheelsquad » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:56 pm

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:20 am

I hope this helps.

Peter
Can't a person just use the swept forward trigger from their factory trigger box to make it work on the old thumbhole models?

longbow joe

Post by longbow joe » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:51 pm

The pro shot trigger is built in not bolted on like the others

Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:58 pm

FWIW, I put a Trigger Tech in my Equinox and could NOT tell any difference between it and the stock Excalibur trigger. YMMV
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)