Ibex SMF

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hatchet

Ibex SMF

Post by Hatchet »

I was doing some Ebay shopping last night and purchased an Ibex SMF. I got it thinking it would be a good first crossbow for my wife. This year we will finally be allowed to use crossbows during archery season. She does most of her hunting out of a large blind behind our house. Is there anything special I should look for when it is delivered?
Boo

Re: Ibex SMF

Post by Boo »

Look at the lower rear corner of the pocket that the riser fits into. If it is a 90 degree corner you'll want to contact Excalibur. If the corner is rounded, then then you're good.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Thanks Boo I will check that out.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

All them 305fps bows, ibex ,axiom,Phoenix etc.are all deadly accurate and probably more dependable than any modern excalibur bow.
On local craigslist they are all a bargain you can actually buy one and put in a triggertec and a good scope and mounts and still be ahead of buying a newer model.
Other than being a tad wide no one can say a bad thing about them....l love em!
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Joe
I decided to buy one of the older bows because of all the great things I have read about them. My wife is very excited to have her own crossbow. She will have a few months to practice with it before deer season. I plan on setting it up with a good scope, arrows and fixed blade broadheads. Once this bow is ready for hunting I plan on buying one more so that all 5 family members have there own crossbow come October. That's my story and I am sticking to it.
Take care
Hatchet
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Report back after you cock it, with the rope cocker! :eusa-popcorn:

Congrats, it will become a favorite for sure! :thumbup: :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

xcaliber wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 7:09 pm
Report back after you cock it, with the rope cocker! :eusa-popcorn:

Congrats, it will become a favorite for sure! :thumbup: :thumbup:
I hope the Mrs. can cock it. If not I am sure I can find something to do with it. :think:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

My youngest daughter rope cocked mine, 5’0 and maybe 112lbs. Shorten it so she can just get a bit of struggle getting second hook onto the string, that helps more than anything, and those Ibex models are so smooth to cock. Anxious to hear from Mama , hope she loves it Hatchet, but if you’re just cocking it for her, she will only need one shot.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

Thanks xcaliber
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

My local craigslist had an axiom SMF for 150 bucks including the guys hardly used bag target .
You can put a triggertec and a nice nikon on for 300 bucks more that's 450 investment in a bow that was probably 600 bucks new.
And now you have a tac driver with a top notch scope and trigger way better than new.
If you want to leave it alone it will still be a great bow also.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Cardinalsfanforever

Post by Cardinalsfanforever »

congrats on the Ibex, just got an Axiom myself, love the easy cocking of it, wish my wife would hunt with me. keep us posted how it goes
matrix 380, 18" BEZS, Boostring
micro 315, 17" BE Execs. Vixenmaster
Axiom SMF, FIRE BOLTS Vixenmaster